Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 PM

27 posts, read 64,533 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering. Not here to trash you guys.

I'm a Yankees fan and if I go to college in Boston or in the State of Mass. is there like any club of Yankees fans living in enemy territory?? Cause I know there are several Red Sox bars in the city where transplanted Bostonians hang out and even here in Fairfield County, CT there are a few Red Sox bars...so why wouldnt there be a few Yankees bars in Boston??

LETS GO YANKS!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:09 PM

284 posts, read 1,167,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSucks181 View Post

I'm a Yankees fan and if I go to college in Boston or in the State of Mass. is there like any club of Yankees fans living in enemy territory?? Cause I know there are several Red Sox bars in the city where transplanted Bostonians hang out and even here in Fairfield County, CT there are a few Red Sox bars...so why wouldnt there be a few Yankees bars in Boston??

LETS GO YANKS!
Lots of Boston college students are originally from Yankee territory, so you certainly won't be alone. Can't think of any traditionally Yankee bars, but during games I imagine Yankee fans tend to gather in protected corners of the bars on Landsdowne when the teams play each other in Boston.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:55 PM

66 posts, read 235,462 times
Your screen name is BostonSucks and your not here to slag us? Typical NY BS. Go pound sand. NY sucks, losers.

Last edited by BillyPilgrim; 12-11-2008 at 05:13 PM..

Old 12-11-2008, 04:45 PM

12,864 posts, read 22,026,395 times
You'd have no problem. Since New York and Boston are so close by, there are a lot of fans in enemy territory on both sides. Sure, you'll get ragged on by friends that are Sox fans, but you'll be fine. There are plenty of Yankees fans in Boston just like there are plenty of Sox fans in NYC.

The colleges have kids form all over the country, they really don't discriminate. I can't think of bars off the top of my head that are all Yankees, but many have "Yankee Corners."

Sort of related, this summer in DC, I watched a Sox/Yanks series from the Rhino Bar in Georgetown. I knew it was a Sox bar because of the HUGE BoSox banner hanging on the outside wall. The two guys smoking butts outside were speaking in thick Boston accents about, "Mikey from Medford" and inside was filled to the walls with Sox decor. No matter where you go in this country, you can't escape the Sox/ Yanks rivalry.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:05 PM

27 posts, read 64,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypilgrim View Post
your screen name is bostonsucks and your not here to slag us? Typical ny bs. Go pound sand. Ny sucks, losers.
18 and one!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:49 AM

2,954 posts, read 12,304,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSucks181 View Post

LETS GO YANKS!
You go by BostonSucks181? This is why I can't stand New York

Old 12-12-2008, 08:50 PM

735 posts, read 3,501,796 times
yep- the best place to watch the Yankees is here on my 50" plasma in my own home. When I was younger and more care free I gave a few Sox Nation bozos bloody noses for 'accidentally' giving me a beer shower at Fenway- hence, I've boycotted Fenway since those good ole days.

I don't know of any Yankee bars to be honest but I will say that at my past 2 jobs there have been more Yankee fans than Sox fans- sort of odd, but it is true- the close proximity of the cities it is bound to happen...

Also- there is a group on facebook- Yankee fans in Boston.

Last edited by NY'er lost in MA; 12-12-2008 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: added details

Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 PM

578 posts, read 2,098,631 times
I searched and could not find that group.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:36 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY'er lost in MA View Post
yep- the best place to watch the Yankees is here on my 50" plasma in my own home. When I was younger and more care free I gave a few Sox Nation bozos bloody noses for 'accidentally' giving me a beer shower at Fenway- hence, I've boycotted Fenway since those good ole days.

I don't know of any Yankee bars to be honest but I will say that at my past 2 jobs there have been more Yankee fans than Sox fans- sort of odd, but it is true- the close proximity of the cities it is bound to happen...

Also- there is a group on facebook- Yankee fans in Boston.
It's been my experience in life that the putzes who are most likely to make boasts like these are usually the twinkies who are least able to carry out the boast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts