U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 AM

4 posts, read 10,001 times

Advertisements

anyone know whats going on with dianne wilkerson. i dont hear anything anymore. i hope she doesnt go to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM

342 posts, read 937,427 times
Lets think about this......the feds stung her, after looking at the evidence,
she should do a long stretch. Just imagine all the people that she bilked through the years. According to the newspapers, this investigation isnt over,
I'm sure others will fall.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM

4,123 posts, read 6,481,969 times
There was a big story in the Globe over the weekend about how she took a group of ministers to task for not supporting her. But her goose is pretty much cooked.
I'm not the biggest conspiracy theorist out there. But there's a funky smell in the air when Caucasian politicians in MA have been on the take "forevah" and for much more, then all of a sudden two AA elected officials are arguably set up and the headlines are screaming. Aside from that, though, Ms Wilkerson's history is pretty sketchy between skipped mortgage payments and unfiled taxes. None of it is worth the attention it's gotten regardless.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:18 PM

142 posts, read 457,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
There was a big story in the Globe over the weekend about how she took a group of ministers to task for not supporting her. But her goose is pretty much cooked.
I'm not the biggest conspiracy theorist out there. But there's a funky smell in the air when Caucasian politicians in MA have been on the take "forevah" and for much more, then all of a sudden two AA elected officials are arguably set up and the headlines are screaming. Aside from that, though, Ms Wilkerson's history is pretty sketchy between skipped mortgage payments and unfiled taxes. None of it is worth the attention it's gotten regardless.
Ah yes, but you won't see the crooked Caucasians stuffing cash in their underwear across the street from the State House. To avoid getting caught, the corruption schemes need to be much more elaborate than that. And both Wilkerson and Turner forgot one critical thing - be in a position where you can control the damage you create. Not much question DiMasi is following the footsteps in the endless line of corrupt House speakers, but he was re-elected to his post in a landslide today. No question why - when you rule the jungle, you control the careers and livelihoods of those politicians below you. Obey or pay the penalty. It's a one-party state, and power is concentrated in the hands of a very few.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 PM

24 posts, read 36,030 times
i think more is made of the place she chose to carry the money than the fact she was taking bribe money. putting that much money in your bra is something i think most women would do if they were in her shoes.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:30 AM

2,145 posts, read 2,964,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda617 View Post
i think more is made of the place she chose to carry the money than the fact she was taking bribe money. putting that much money in your bra is something i think most women would do if they were in her shoes.
"in her shoes"? Meaning what? She took bribes. She's guilty.

What difference does it make where a criminal stashes his/her money?

Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,903,510 times
Are there more criminals in the MA government or are prisons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts