Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 AM

100 posts, read 475,029 times

Advertisements

Anyone know whats happening with the Nantucket rental and housing markets this year? We want to rent a place this summer and if possible buy but prices just keep going up it seems for both, especially in Siasconset where I grew up long ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 AM

474 posts, read 2,192,737 times
Try this: www.nantucket.net

I miss Nantucket so much! If you grew up there, do you know Sam Swayze?

Old 03-08-2007, 07:34 AM

Hi Apple Annie, I miss it whenever I'm not there. Thanks for the link, I have that one and many others for all the news (Nantucket Independent, The Mirror and Inquirer, etc). I am trying to find out from people affected what is happening on the market, on one hand sales are down on the other hand the average price paid is up. Some are saying it lulled and now is coming back as there is too little land, some say it will drop more as those counting on low mortgage rates and rentals find they can't count on either last year and this one coming. Sam Swayze sounds familiar but can't truly say I know, it was a long time ago! I have been going back every summer for the last 12years with wife and kids, actually got engaged on Siasconset beach, married Siasconset Chapel, and one of my kids has a very specific tie to Siasconset ;-)

Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
Default cape cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondhopper View Post
Anyone know whats happening with the Nantucket rental and housing markets this year? We want to rent a place this summer and if possible buy but prices just keep going up it seems for both, especially in Siasconset where I grew up long ago!
you need to be Rich, money, to live or buy! anyway why not rent, on
cape cod, and visit Nantucket, it will be way cheaper? Also, Boston, is nice to visit on a rain day, on the so called main land!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:27 AM

Maggiekate, Siasconset feels like going home so for good or ill that is where I want to be. I have a house in MA convenient to Cape and Boston and we visit both but getting to and from Nantucket is a pain from the mainland, just better to be there realx and enjoy with the family before having to go back to work!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:05 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,737 times
I've heard that Cape Cod Air had to raise their ticket prices to $150 RT to Hyannis because of fuel prices. Last time I went over [2003] it was $60 RT; about the same as the fast ferry. Hope to get over there sometime this summer for my "Nantucket Fix".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts