U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-11-2009, 09:39 AM

122 posts, read 191,473 times

Advertisements

My husband and I live in So. Fla and will be moving to western Mass in June. Originally, we had planned on moving to NH, but we need to be closer to family members who live in Northampton. We will be renting for at least a year, probably two. Ideally, we'd like to live in Northampton, but also know we could probably get more for our rental dollar if we lived outside Northampton. Could you tell me communities within a 15 min. drive to Noho that are good places to live? Pros and cons? I know Easthampton and Florence fit the bill, but not many rentals seem to be available there.
Thanks for your help
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM

19 posts, read 28,902 times
western mass.. yikes.. snow country.. Moved 15 mins north of mass in western NH.. was back in SO. Florida in less than a year... good luck!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:04 PM

127 posts, read 296,966 times
westfield is close to northampton. one town other side of east hampton, lots of rental home options and decent schools. a nice convient town.

agawam is about 30 min south of northampton and is nice as well. you can also look further noth to greenfield.

you may want to look at where work is and work from there though.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketofpictures View Post
western mass.. yikes.. snow country.. Moved 15 mins north of mass in western NH.. was back in SO. Florida in less than a year... good luck!
We both like snow and cold weather, and are looking forward to both, believe it or not. Leaving So. Fla has been something we've been wanting to do for a long time.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
westfield is close to northampton. one town other side of east hampton, lots of rental home options and decent schools. a nice convient town.

agawam is about 30 min south of northampton and is nice as well. you can also look further noth to greenfield.

you may want to look at where work is and work from there though.
Thanks ~ I will look into Westfield. I won't be working outside the house, and my husband's job will be close to Northampton, so I think if we stay within a 15-20 min. driving radius of Northampton we should be okay.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 14,080,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanciegord View Post
Thanks ~ I will look into Westfield. I won't be working outside the house, and my husband's job will be close to Northampton, so I think if we stay within a 15-20 min. driving radius of Northampton we should be okay.
If your husband's job is in Northampton, Westfield is too far away for you. Some people don't mind paying more for rend in Noho because they can walk into town for coffee or shopping. Hadley is not too far away. Some places in Holyoke are okay.

Greenfield is North of Northampton, and that might be farther than you want to drive as well.

You won't find too many rentals available this time of year. Plenty more will open up in June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts