U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-11-2009, 09:05 AM

23 posts, read 47,942 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Worcester? Specifically, I'm interested in the smaller cities/towns around Worcester because I love the idea of being near enough to take advantage of the cultural opportunities. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:41 PM

10,097 posts, read 14,273,239 times
If you do a search, I think you will find many discussion of Worcester, with the majority suggesting that it's not a very great place. It has some cultural opportunities, but the majority of people seem to think it's a great place to avoid.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:53 AM

7 posts, read 13,926 times
Being this is the place I practiced my Trade until my injury - disability - then subsequent handicap.

Its OK to live--OK---Culture--Every place has some so does Worc. Its loaded with Colleges---So if you are big into College Bar night--Its the Place for you 100%.

The Baseball team and the Hockey team are fun.--First Night and the 4th of July Fireworks are good too-----The Different Festivals are awesome---We lost the Italian Festival at Our Lady Of Loretto Church---That seemed to be the Fav---But Mount Carmel's Festival is OK too---

We get more snow from the City north and West----Our Politics are a JOKE-----

But the towns most are nice---Holden-The Boylstons---Rutland - Princeton---Northboro--

All in all--I would give the city a weak C--The surrounding towns a sound C.

Just my opinion.

good luck!!!

Any questions do not hesitate to PM..

Old 02-14-2009, 06:02 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,922,688 times
I agree with the above posters.

I love Worcester tho. Glad I don't live there! LOL The area I love most is on the west side. Salisbury Street area, & off June Street, etc. Love the older homes over there.

Worcester has a very nice Art Museum. In the summer there are some nice concerts held at Institute Park. We saw a cool Beatles tribute band there once. The symphony has a concert too. I'm not sure if that one was at Institute Park or Elm Park. The St. Patrick's Day parade is fun for the kids. I even enjoyed it myself, but never knew who the dignitaries/politicans were that were marching.

My husband and I lived there for several years, but knew that when we started a family we would want to move to the surrounding area for better schools. We moved to Charlton for a few years and then down South eventually where we are now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts