Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,186 times

Advertisements

Hey,

This is my first post on these forums. I currently live in Brighton, and for the fall I'm looking to go somewhere that I can have my own place (a one bedroom ideally) for a reasonable price. I can spend up to about $1100 on rent and utilities, and I've realized that I'll probably have to go slightly out of the city.

I'm thinking about Arlington because I really like the town, and I notice there are lots of apartment buildings along Mass Ave. Arlington Center seems to have a very nice selection of stores and restaurants. I'd also enjoy being near the pond and the bike path. Does anyone know if decent one bedrooms exist for my price range?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
You shouldn't have any problem. As you say, there are lots of apartment buildings in East Arlington. I like that area myself- used to live off Mass. Ave. by Spy Pond. In fact, I think it's possible you could find something suitable for a bit less.
It's a great part of town, a very safe town, and great access to Boston/Cambridge. I, in a biased way, think it's 200% nicer than Brighton at all, and it's hardly "out of town."
If you keep a car, know that a) your car insurance will collapse to the minimum- my rating from J.P. to Arlington went from 21 to 1. b) you will need a parking space- no on-street Arlington parking between 2a-6a.
I no longer live in Arlington (out in the sticks with multiple dogs) but if I moved back in, it'd be right to East Arlington. It's perfect.
Best wishes on your move. It should be very easy to find what you want.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:42 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Arlington is a great area. I like it, too!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:07 PM

5 posts, read 14,463 times
Can anyone give the names of same particular apartment complexes in East Arlington ? Thanks.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:15 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
20 Hamilton Road, a block in from Mass. Ave. behind the Capitol movie theater. A big, very ordinary apartment complex that is condos but many are rented out. Assigned parking.
The big point- waterviews of SpyPond. It's a million-dollar view that looks like Vermont- beautiful pond, Victorian houses, church steeple. And the people who paid to live in those beauties get to look at this very plain 1960s block (goes up three floors, I think, with an elevator). There are picnic tables, balconies, communal lawn. There are one- and two-beds on the water side (good size, standard box style) and quasi-studios on the tree side (a sort of smallish bedroom, not a full room, but I'd consider it a big studio with alcove.
Any realtor should know the buildings. I think they're called Spy Pond apartments, but the address is Hamilton Road. Oh, and the revamped train tracks, now a bike/walk path, run right by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts