Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,512 times

Advertisements

hi,
i am going to be there june 22-29th. we want to see as much as possible- we are primarily interested in taking pictures for an advanced photography class. we would be interested in historic towns and beach shots... we have a friend in brighton mass (a free place to stay) and could swing a night if necessary on the cape. is it reasonable to think we could day trip back and forth to the cape or would you reccommend staying in the middle and taking a daytrip to marthas and doing the upper cape one day?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 AM

13 posts, read 40,549 times
Well Cape Cod would probably be the easiest thing. If you go to Nantucket or Marthas Vineyard you have to take a ferry and its just a little more work getting there. There is plenty to do on Cape Cod.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:08 PM

436 posts, read 954,104 times
I'm thinking of staying overnight in Hyannis and have a few questions.

Aqua Grill and Tommy Doyle's... any good?

Any breweries that have a bar/restaurant area? Researched CC Brewing Company but don't know if they have a place to enjoy their beer...

A good diner near Hyannis, Fall River, and/or New Bedford. I'm looking for a good breakfast the morning I depart back for PA.

Antique/souvenir shops. I know they're aplenty, but are there any that stand out from the rest?

Old 06-21-2013, 01:42 PM

4 posts, read 8,727 times
Great posts. Any suggestions on a great B & B in the CC, NT or MV area? I would like to give my son and his wife a weekend there as a wedding gift. They live in Belmont.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:28 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,354,667 times
So many to choose from. Do you have a budget you'd like to stay within?

Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM

29 posts, read 45,850 times
The Cape and Islands are beautiful year round but at their peak from May to October. Nantucket is more of a state of mind then a tourist location. It is pretty yet rustic. A night or two at the White Elephant overlooking the harbor would be lovely. Stroll the cobblestone streets, poking into art galleries and shops. Martha's Vineyard is fun - Oak Bluffs and Edgartown are the only towns on the Vineyard that sell or serve alcohol. The Harborview in Edgartown has a great wrap around porch with rockers where you can have a glass of wine and overlook the lighthouse and harbor. The Cape has a thousand places to explore: Falmouth has the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute - they found the Titanic - and miles of beaches. Hyannis has the JFK museum and the Outer Cape has fun places to explore like the National Seashore in Truro, watching the whales off Provincetown or the Chatham Bars Inn.

Enjoy!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:07 AM

Default Not really a budget...just a good suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber4 View Post
So many to choose from. Do you have a budget you'd like to stay within?
Not really a budget...just a good suggestion.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM

Default Wedding Gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk24 View Post
The Cape and Islands are beautiful year round but at their peak from May to October. Nantucket is more of a state of mind then a tourist location. It is pretty yet rustic. A night or two at the White Elephant overlooking the harbor would be lovely. Stroll the cobblestone streets, poking into art galleries and shops. Martha's Vineyard is fun - Oak Bluffs and Edgartown are the only towns on the Vineyard that sell or serve alcohol. The Harborview in Edgartown has a great wrap around porch with rockers where you can have a glass of wine and overlook the lighthouse and harbor. The Cape has a thousand places to explore: Falmouth has the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute - they found the Titanic - and miles of beaches. Hyannis has the JFK museum and the Outer Cape has fun places to explore like the National Seashore in Truro, watching the whales off Provincetown or the Chatham Bars Inn.

Enjoy!
Thanks. Would you be abe to comment on the White Elephant vs The Inn at Cape Cod?

Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,354,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrainy View Post
Not really a budget...just a good suggestion.
Belfry Inn in Sandwich is lovely. It's a converted church. We LOVE the cottages at Chatham Bars Inn and used to stay there before moving to the Cape. Neither are B&B's but both are lovely and offer very personalized attention.

The Inn at West Falmouth is another favorite. Beautifully appointed rooms with a terrific breakfast served by the innkeeper in the solarium.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,005,475 times
My vote is for Nantucket.

Especially if you love history, you will feel like you've stepped into another world with the cobblestone streets, old captains houses, etc.

The island is small enough that you could see it well in 3 days. They have great bike paths to the various beaches, a beach trolley, & I'd recommend an island tour to learn about the history.

Stay in town & you can walk everywhere.

Yes, Nantucket is the furthest out to sea - that's what makes it special, but it's an easy hour trip on the fast ferry from Hyannis. If you only come for the day, you will miss much of the magic, I think.

Sept is a great time to go & the last week of Sept is restaurant week. Great deals at some of the best restaurants.

PM me if you'd like suggestions for staying/eating. We go every year & it's our "escape". We also love Colonial Williamsburg!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts