Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,442 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm trying to find a good dentist with current tools and equipment. I have not been to a dentist in a couple years because the last time I went was a nightmare! My last visit was to have my wisdom teeth removed, and it was only the second time I used this dentist office and it was with a different Dr than before. Having wisdom teeth removed is bad enough without the torture they put me through... The anesthesia was fine, but then the Dr came in it all went down hill. The telescoping mirror he used had so many scratches and other marks on it, I don't know how he possible could have seen anything, or how he could differentiate if it was on my tooth or just on his filthy mirror! Then when he goes to remove my tooth- the nurse hands him the scalpel while saying 'sorry Dr. the new scalpel haven't come in yet' You've got to be kidding me right, she didn't just say that in front of me... The Dr's reply wasn't exactly reassuring either 'Oh, ha ha, these will be plenty sharp..' I wanted to RUN! The chair probably still has indentations from where I was clenching the arm rests... Ah, so then they broke my tooth and though I couldn't see what they were doing it seemed like the Dr. made an extra cut where he wasnt' supposed to, because they seemed to panic and scurry for more gauze pads..... So, that is why I am looking for recommendations; with any luck my next visit will not be another horror story. If anyone likes their dentist please let me know. It's greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM

79 posts, read 234,330 times
Dental Associates of Walpole is where my whole family goes. GREAT kids dept., wonderful ortho dept, and the adult department is fantastic, too. Everyone is friendly and we never have to wait more than a few minutes. Here's the phone # 508 668 8008. I'm sure there's a website, too.

Sorry about your last experience - Yikes!!!

Last edited by JBTD; 05-30-2009 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: forgot to add town

Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,442 times
Thanks for the recommendation JBTD! I went in for a cleaning and they were really great- state of the art equipment, and super friendly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts