Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 09:32 AM

8 posts, read 20,558 times

Advertisements

My sister and her fiance are looking to move to central mass. He works in Hartford CT, but only works 6 days a month. Even though they would like to be close to a major highway, he is willing to commute up to 1hr 30min from Hartford. They are looking at central mass because they have family in Southborough and Bolton. Quality of schools is very important to them. They also like quiet country communities. They are looking for a 3-4 bedroom colonial in the $300,000 to $400,000 on about an acre of land.

Can anyone recommend a town in that are that would most suite them?Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM

967 posts, read 4,785,828 times
Bolton itself is rather country. They might also consider Holliston.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:38 PM

967 posts, read 4,785,828 times
If they're looking for something a little closer to Hartford, I believe Sturbridge has good schools compared to surrounding towns. Not likely as good as places like Bolton and Southboro but good for the area.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 AM

13 posts, read 32,955 times
I'm from Shrewsbury and commuted to Hartford for two years, which took about an hour with very little traffic. I 290, I 90, I 84...Hartford!

I was educated in the shrewsbury public schools from 1st grade and they are excellent and continually get great reviews, although can be competitive in the higher grades. The high school was just built in 2003 and I was actually in the first grad class. It cost 67 million to complete and has a gymnasium rated better than many colleges on the east coast.

Shrewsbury, depending on what section your in, can look and feel very different. White city area, near the lake and worcester is more commercial, and lower in price...the north end is from the center expanding outwards, and has a very upper middle class suburban feel. I don't believe you can purchase a 3-4 bdr colonial on the north side for under 500K, but with this economy, who knows!

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts