Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 10,490 times

Advertisements

To Mark Silva..was born and breed here on Cape Cod in Dennis...one person said the Dennis beaches are the best on the Cape..That is a fact.The Dennis (northside beaches) are the very best the Cape has to offer..Chapins,Mayflower,East Bay View.Nobscusett,Corporation,Howes,Sea St..you can call Sam Ingram Century 21 in Yarmouthport and ask for Tim Kinski about rentals on the northside of Dennis for the dates you desire.I have three customers that rent homes for the summer months but do go through realestate offices.I maybe able to hook you up with one and bypass the reality office? Not sure though till I talk to them.One customer is an Ahole delux and over priced but in a very nice area if you could put up with his bull and out of date rules. One may be using their place during that week,but the other couple maybe welcome to workout a deal with you?..Anyway a safe bet is to call the Sam Ingram office and ask for Timmy he does not handle the rental part but is one of the top salesman there and will hook you up with the right agent there.Greg McClay did handle that division but has moved on and I dont know the name of the new guy handling all of his old rental propertys,but there are quite a few and in the highest desirable places on the northside. They wont be cheap but you have everything possible around you.Harwich is a 10 minute drive away to your relatives.There are NO northside beaches in Harwich and as Ive said Ive been here most of my life and have swam on the southside (Atlantic) twice and its just not even close to the northside beaches.All over the northside for the most part of Cape Cod along 6a is the desired place to stay..The southside of Cape Cod is all the motels and hotels and very congested...One person said Chatham is very nice which it is for being on the southside of the Cape but it should be.Its the highest per capita income area in USA..lots of retired rich folks there..but as I stated the 6a side is all the historic areas...and way less commercialized...Lets just put it this way..if you rented a place on the northside of Dennis or Brewster your relatives would most likely be coming to see you on a daily basis..doing the cookout,beach,boating thing ect...there instead of Harwich..good luck,hope I was of some help..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM

23 posts, read 135,169 times
hyannis or barnstable and great places, my only advise is not to stay in providence town(p-town).

Old 05-15-2007, 12:58 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I remember being able to collect alot of shells I think we were on the gulf side for that, I also remember staying in Falmouth and going out to the islands just off the coast, the ferry was loads of fun.
We also took our bicylces along sometimes and just rode around Nantuckett and Marthas Vineyard.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:42 PM

967 posts, read 4,784,500 times
Staying along the Cape Cod National Seashore is the best I think for unspoiled Cape. Plus you won't be bothered by that awful jet-ski noise that plagues many of our beaches.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 6,336 times
Default Cottage Rentals

You've probably already booked your cottage for Aug but if not, there are still plenty available. I've been going to the Cape all my life and have finally purchased a second home in Dennisport, which we rent out during summer months. My favorite location is the area around Cockle Cove beach in South Chatham - that's where we always stayed when I was a child so it's nostalgic for me. The rental homes there are generally well cared for - but they tend to be slightly more expensive.

Harwich has some nice places but there are pockets of areas where they have not been updated. The same is true for Dennisport and Yarmouth. A rule of thumb when looking for a rental - look very carefully at any photos. Note the appearance of furniture and appliances and look for recent updates to the home or newer mattresses. Some places have not been updated since the 50's or 60's and it's usually apparent if you look closely. Outside appearances can be deceiving. Some have great curb appeal but are not well cared for inside. Ask the owner or rental agency a lot of questions about the interior and what is adjacent - go to one of the Map sites and look up the address for an arial view and make sure there is no shopping center next door - or the back side of a restaurant where there would be unpleasant smells from the dumpster and lots of noise.

Another indication about the general care of a cottage is if the owner's themselves use it for a home away from home or if it is just an investment property. We spend a lot of time at our cottage and want it to be perfect for ourselves as well as our guests so we've outfitted it with a lot of amenities - not all cottage owners are as particular, especially if they don't spend time there themselves.

Our cottage is listed with Martha Murray in Dennisport - they have a large selection of rental properties and can tell you detailed information about each one and the general area they are in - Dennisport is one town over from Harwichport. Our neighborhood is a mix of rentals and full-time residences. The general trend is that most cottages are reasonably cared for though there are a few that have been neglected here and there - but we have noticed increased activity for home improvements in the area.

Good luck and have a great Cape vacation!

Sailor's Girl

Old 07-08-2007, 10:51 AM

41 posts, read 254,797 times
I have a rental in east Harwich... lovely house with hardwood floors and grainte counters ... top notch !
It is 1.5 miles from pleasant bay beach... 2 miles to chatham, 4 to Orleans and 2 miles to Brewster.. the lower cape is lovely ! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts