Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:56 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times

Advertisements

Terrific photos- glad you enjoyed your trip. Cafe Chew is fantastic! It's nice to see a new business doing so well with visitors and locals alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,995,488 times
I try to tell my kids, who have known no other home other than Cape Cod, what a treasure it is. Often, we'll have to go "up North" and they are always amazed at how close the houses are, the traffic, the garbage on the sides of the road. They always seem to like coming home.......
During the summer, a friend visited for almost a month, all over New England with her 11 year old son and 15 year old niece. They pretty much hit everywhere, from the city to rural, but came to Cape Cod as their final destination. When the 11 year old had to write the inevitable "What I did on my summer vacation" he chose "bridge jumping" off the Singing Bridge in Pocasset and lunch at the Chart Room in Cataumet. He said it was the most beautiful day of his vacation.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:41 PM

502 posts, read 1,391,525 times
Yes the Cape is very nice from what I've seen... not much except hwy. 6 and the bridges and the Post Office area of Sandwich, plus the Coast Guard Beach at the National Seashore.... but I'm sure we will see more of it when we move back to CT soon. Sounds like a very close tie with the Farmington Valley in CT!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itscolduphere View Post
Yes the Cape is very nice from what I've seen... not much except hwy. 6 and the bridges and the Post Office area of Sandwich, plus the Coast Guard Beach at the National Seashore.... but I'm sure we will see more of it when we move back to CT soon. Sounds like a very close tie with the Farmington Valley in CT!
You haven't even touched the surface! 15 unique towns each offering its own mood and invitation to your heart. Glad you came and enjoyed the beauty of this sandspit!

Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
Gosh, I'm dying to get back there now!!!!! Aw, only a couple of months left!

Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 PM

502 posts, read 1,391,525 times
Twiggy I know how you feel, I can't wait to get back to CT... and New England in general. There's just something about New England. Something even more, when you find a place you really love to be; that's half of life's battles won

I already have a to-do list longer than before I left, of things to finally see/enjoy that I either took for granted or didn't think I would appreciate as much as I know I will this time around. Like getting up to the Cape! And finally seeing Boston, and doing the Cliff Walk in Newport... and all the other simpler precious things. What an experience to have to move away! What a blessing to be able to move back!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 AM

LOL, I know about the list! I'm looking forward to a beach town, a slow pace and a packed summer. Last but not least, the ffffffoooooooooooddddd! I would give anything for a real clam!, or a Lobster roll!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times
Twiggy, we have relatives that visit from California and when they are here, are a cardiologist's worst nightmare. They get fried clams and lobster in any possible incarnation more times in a one week visit than we eat in a year!

Just something else we take for granted here in MA!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:59 PM

730 posts, read 1,313,391 times
Loved reading all the posts about the Cape; we've lived here for 15 years and love it. Don't even mind the summer tourists any more - my philosophy is "aren't we lucky to live in a place so beautiful that all these people want to visit". We don't live in Sandwich, but it is a beautiful town (taxes are a little high).

We are going to Myrtle Beach this winter just to escape the NE winter, don't mind the cold but do mind the snow and ice.

All in all, I cannot imagine living anywhere else. How nice to be able to go to our local beach in October and have lunch on a gorgeous sunny day with the gentle sound of waves - my God, it doesn't any better than that!!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Loved reading all the posts about the Cape; we've lived here for 15 years and love it. Don't even mind the summer tourists any more - my philosophy is "aren't we lucky to live in a place so beautiful that all these people want to visit". We don't live in Sandwich, but it is a beautiful town (taxes are a little high).

We are going to Myrtle Beach this winter just to escape the NE winter, don't mind the cold but do mind the snow and ice.

All in all, I cannot imagine living anywhere else. How nice to be able to go to our local beach in October and have lunch on a gorgeous sunny day with the gentle sound of waves - my God, it doesn't any better than that!!!!
No it sure doesn't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts