U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,421 times

Advertisements

We're planing atrip to Boston in June,can't believe hotel prices. Found much more affordable places in Revere. My husband stayed ther 25 years ago said it was nice then. Is it still? Is it hard to to get into the city? My husband also refuses to rent a car says we'll use public transportation. Any info would be greatly appreaciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 PM

7,859 posts, read 11,847,216 times
You can take public transportation into the city, subway or a bus. I don't know if I would classify Revere as "nice". It's a former beach resort, but it began to deteriorate 50+ years ago. I guess still fairly safe, but run down if you know what I mean.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:44 PM

26 posts, read 124,833 times
Another area you may want to look into is Cambridge. It is closer to Boston and I believe the prices are noticebly less.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:13 PM

105 posts, read 498,579 times
Yup...I'd choose Cambridge over Revere. What hotel? It really all depends....if it's the Comfort Inn on Route 1, you'll be ok...it's basically all business right there.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:20 PM

85 posts, read 553,389 times
Revere is a nice place! I live right in front of the beach, ( we have a t station next to us).
When my friends come to visit they stay in small hotels around the area, there is a Sheraton close in Revere, that has a shuttle that takes you to the airport station, there you can take the T into town.
Don't stay inside Boston, hotel prices are ridiculous just yesterday I called since some of my friends where coming to Harvard for a meeting, all of the hotels in Cambridge cost around 369$ a night, instead, get a hotel cheaper and you can enjoy more attractions in town.
The weather is beautiful now, we walk at the edge of the beach every day, SAFE SAFE, I live here for 8 years now, never hear anything bad! good luck

Old 07-31-2007, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 39,065 times
I agree with the Sheraton.. it's called the Four Points Sheraton and its in such a great location. Right off a rotary its next to a shopping plaza which has a cvs, GNC, burlington coat factory, a hair salon, tanning salon, payless shoes source and a family dollar. Right behind that is a gym if youre interested! Sheraton is also reight off of route 1 which has over 50 wonderful resturants, malls and many other places to see. Sheraton is also 1 minuet away from beautiful movie theater, showcase cinemas revere. Its about 5 miles from boston, but it typically can be a 15-20 drive because of traffic. Yes they also have a shuttle to the airport in which you can get many trains or buses into boston. A few things you should do is go on a duck tour in boston, visit fanuiel hall and quincy market.. you'll love your stay. SHeraton is also 5 minutes from revere beach which has great pizza, ice cream and the famous kelly's roast beef which you must go to! Ive lived in revere for 20 years, my whole life, and i love it and can assure you its a safe place!! Hope this helps

Old 07-31-2007, 04:31 PM

143 posts, read 828,454 times
is that strip joint still there think it was called squires?

Old 07-31-2007, 04:54 PM

639 posts, read 3,267,570 times
Don't forget to get a slice of pizza at Bianci's Pizza any time you're on Revere Beach!

Last edited by CityGirl52; 07-31-2007 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: Poster asked this months ago, so deleted original answer I typed up

Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 50,243 times
the four point sheraton is in an okay area, but be careful around northgate and don't go walking around broadway or shirley ave

Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM

10 posts, read 32,898 times
Do Yourself a favor and go in any other direction available!!!!! Even East will do - The water is very lovely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts