Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 03:22 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,157,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
My son has mild Asperger's. His major issue IMO however are more physical...he's getting some PT and OT right now. He has 2 'special ed.' classes, one for math one for reading/writing. He's in 'mainstreamed' science and social studies.

He's also in middle school.

I'd love a school with a good science reputation because he loves science and plans to pursue it as a career (some branch).
I would think that most adequately funded, suburban school districts could handle a kid with mild Aspergers. You should talk to the special ed. folks of school districts about programs they offer. They will not give you a tour or roll out the red carpet for you, but they should provide info. on programs and services. I would just make sure that his IEP is written the way you want BEFORE you arrive in town; the district must provide services per the IEP, of course.

You might contact some of these organizations and try to speak to some parents about their expeirnces and opinions about towns/schools:
Autism Resources
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 05:22 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,014,044 times
Thanks again!

Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM

109 posts, read 323,118 times
I love vermont, and one of the reason's we bought our home in Medway was because it had a "vermont feel" to the yard. Another town we loved because of it's vermont "feel", was Grafton.
it had the open space, old houses, town common. Franklin is south of metrowest, but there isn't really a good name for the area. I think now outside the 495 belt gives you more of a rural feel, if you're close to the Mass pike, you can commute easier towards Boston. What type of job market are you looking for? (aside from "any that's hiring!") Computer/Retail/Manufacturing/finance/software/mechanical/construction?
That may help you decide your commuting area.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM

10 posts, read 19,574 times
I have been looking to relocate and have looked at various areas in Mass. I wikipedia'd Franklin and it says that they have more severe weather than other parts. And the local Franklin site had a big flood and water isn't drinkable right now. Is this a common thing?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:29 PM

9,920 posts, read 15,488,689 times
We had flooding in parts of the state a couple of months ago. Some areas bordering the Charles River may have had problems at that time. I don't know if there are any current issues. I'm in Franklin fairly often and I never heard anything about widespread problems with drinking water.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 AM

232 posts, read 540,910 times
Its not Franklin alone that has more severe weather. Franklin is one of several towns in a belt to the west and the north of I-495 that gets more snow and more cold than areas in towards Boston. Snow removal is typically included with Condo HOAs and apartment leases, if you buy a house, make sure you plan on buying a snowblower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts