U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-07-2009, 08:10 PM

10 posts, read 20,826 times
Yeah, No kidding West Revere is very quiet and has nice people, What about for average money people. What do we get in Revere? All the trouble, problems and traffic of Broadway and Revere Beach areas, esp. the infamous Shirley Ave. area. Be smart and go farther north, you don't even have to go too far. Do yourself a good deed and avoid Revere completely.

Last edited by Getmeouttahere43yrs.; 07-07-2009 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-10-2009, 07:59 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,191,039 times
Default Try Winthrop instead

if you have kids, do not move to revere

try Swampscott, Nahant, Salem,

Winthrop is an especially nice community you should check into

Even without kids you should realize that anywhere off the beach is tough and kind of run-down

thats the way it is unfortunately

some areas to avoid would be northgate --orient heights-suffolk downs areas --off beach areas of revere

Some areas around the movie theater might be all-right --toward Malden but even there it can be tough neighborhoods.

the beach apartments are generally ok but use common sense, it is a city after all an urban area
so there will be your typical mix of people

i.e. do not leave your vehicle unlocked, your door unlocked, etc.
or expensive items out in the open
you'll be inviting some univited "company"

Id highly recommend WInthrop
its a community with beaches, parks, transit, and close to revere too

Unread 07-23-2009, 09:26 PM

10 posts, read 20,826 times
I completely agree with DreamworksSKG!!!
I had the luck to live in Winthrop for a couple of years, it was the happiest time for my daughter and myself. I noticed such a positive change in my child! Winthrop is a beautiful and quaint seaside town, cleanliness and pride abound. I am currently looking in Winthrop again myself! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Winthrop!!! Please, do yourself a favor and at the least, Check it out!

Unread 07-26-2009, 07:54 AM

1,038 posts, read 2,267,351 times
I loved living in Revere. But I didn't have kids. Have many friends who grew up in Revere and turned out just fine.
Ahhhhhh.....Castiello's......fresh baked bread on the way home from Wonderland. Some of the best Italian food at Maggio's. That lovely neighbor who would play his spinet on Sunday mornings after I had walked to Castiello's to get the Sunday paper and a canoli.
Amazing Italian subs, "hold the hots, extra oil"........Talking to my neighbor through our kitchen windows over coffee while getting ready for work.
I was not far from Shirley Ave, but was never affected by it. Walk to the beach. Not a huge fan of Kelly's ( Liked John's Roast Beef on Western Ave in Lynn much better) but it would do in a pinch.
The North Shore has a character that you just can't fine anywhere else.
I miss the North Shore!!!!!!!

Unread 08-31-2010, 12:11 AM

2 posts, read 7,619 times
Revere gets a bad rep for no reason, at least to me. Besides the area around the Revere Beach Blue Line station, and the housing projects, the city is quite safe. They way people are talking, it sounds like you'll get mugged on the street! Don't go to Nahant, it's very isolated and very expensive. Nothing to do really. Salem is very nice, very diverse and extraordinarily quirky. Swampscott is also rather expensive. Revere, Winthrop or Salem, any of them would be good.

Unread 01-16-2012, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,172 times
I live in Newton Centre, but I take the T everyday to Revere Beach and walk to the Garfield school where I work. It's not bad at all. There's some very nice condos and apartments around there, too, and lots of great local businesses. At first I was nervous, but I've never had any problems. My students walk to and from school unsupervised, and they've never had issues either. I will say that some of my students have had family members killed in the past, however, it seems to me that if you're not involving yourself in crime, crime won't involve you. I and my fiance are interested in moving to Revere next school year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts