Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 05:20 PM
b52

29 posts, read 169,940 times

Advertisements

Homer you might also want to check out the mass.gov site and google crime statistics in any of the towns you are considering. The govt site gives a demographic breakdown of every town in Massachusetts. By all means do your research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 12:14 PM

942 posts, read 1,380,901 times
I grew up in North Attleboro, my parents owned a house there for 40 years before their deaths. I am shocked when I go back to visit at the cost of housing in North Attleboro, as well as the neighboring towns, Have you looked at any of the towns in Northern RI, or are they just as bad, I know alot of Boston area commuters live in Cumberland and Lincoln, North Smithfield RI. You might also try just south of the Attleboro area in Seekonk Mass, right on the RI border but handy to freeways to get you in and out. My sister that lives in the area says its a little cheaper there but not by much.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 PM

254 posts, read 519,566 times
Thanks for the help, I have not looked at North Rhode Island. I figured with the Boston Traffic that would be crazy. If I go to work at 6am is the traffic bad? Basically, if I get to work by 7am every day would I miss the traffic? Also what is a good time to leave in order to miss it on the way home going south on 95?

Old 05-28-2007, 05:59 PM

254 posts, read 519,566 times
I have meetings in Canton, MA and it seems like the traffic going south on 95 does not build up until Providence when I leave. If that is the case I would want to live North of Providence. I am going to go for a drive this week and check some areas. I have already looked at Norton, North Attleboro, Attleboro, Plainville, and Bellingham. I like the Community in Norton and Plainville and also like the towns. I want to check South-west in Pembroke, East Bridgewater, Hanover, Hanson, and Holbrook. Any info on these areas would be great.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:22 AM

2 posts, read 6,235 times
There is a lot of price range in the towns you mention. Hanover and Pembroke at higher end. If you need easy access to Canton - Hanover, Pembroke, Hanson and E. Bridgewater may be too far south. Holbrook, Randolph, Avon, Stoughton might be worth a look. Best of luck.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,063,418 times
Walpole: No, schools aren't that great and MCI is just down the road.
Norfolk: Nice town, can get some decent house for the money and elementary and middle schools good. High school is regional and has some issues.
Wrentham: Don't know much about it but once you get close to 495, you're getting pretty far out there.
Norwood: No
Canton: No
Millis: No
Medway: Maybe--getting a bit far out there though
Westwood: Great proximity to W. Rox, great schools, $$$$ though.
Dedham: Same as Westwood without the great schools.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:06 PM

116 posts, read 314,709 times
The commute to Canton from Hanover is fine. I think Hanover is the best deal. It's a middle-upper class town that still has some affordable housing. The only bad thing is the high school building. It needs to be replaced!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts