Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,648 times

Advertisements

I am traveling with my wife and dog to orlando from boston, driving essentially on I-95S. Does anyone have any experience with traveling with dogs and suggest dog friendly places to stay along the way. Looking for clean, etc., but reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 11:31 AM

1,006 posts, read 2,641,254 times
hi, I've done this a few times with 2 dogs and 5 cats, from NY to Florida and back. It's really not bad, especially with just dogs. There is a book that AAA puts out called something like Traveling with Pets, listing pet friendlly hotels/motels in all states. Generally, the Hampton Inns are good, Comfort Inns mostly all take pets but some are run down and there are more. Also, Pets Welcome is a good website to use. If you have large dogs, more than 1 or 2, I suggest you go check into the motel and park around the back. Tell them you want a room towards the back so your DOG (not DOGS) will not bother anyone and you can get out and walk them easily. this way, if you have more than 1, or if they are too big for the motel, they'll never know or never see them. That's what I did with the 5 cats. And, I left the motel very early the next day. I can't remember specifically which motels I stayed at and don't know where you plan on stopping. Also, I wouldn't leave the dog in the room for too long alone while you go out to eat. This is something I did not do. I really enjoy traveling with dogs. You can send me an email if I can help you further.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:49 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,572,585 times
The traveling with your dogs books help a big bunch. I have purchased many over the years. We always took turns going off to dinner, or someone would bring food back. I have one little winer now....and he has wined for 15 years if his Mommy isn't around...( yes, I need the dog whisperer) LOL
This is what we have found over the years of traveling with two dogs.
Red Roof has been the best as far as no fees......and the rooms are great and don't smell like a dog.
Howard Johnsons have a small fee per dog.
One of our favorites also is a Quality Inn, very clean with small fee. Some Best Western and it is advertized that all Days Inns take dogs...( although I think in shore areas this is not the case)
Along 95.....we usually are between the Quality Inn and the Red Roof.
We have stayed in a nice QI on our way down and usually a Red Roof in by Rocky Mt. area. I try to stick with those. Look for the RR Hot deals on line.
There is much information now online about pet friendly hotels if you want to google that.
I think Florida might be a bit tougher on pet rules......be sure to check that out. I was surprised a Howard Johnsons I looked at said "no pets"........That was unusual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: