Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 07:36 AM

227 posts, read 605,634 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a source that lists jobs for the artistically inclined. Graphic Design, fine arts, museum and gallery work... among other things. Most of what I've found on the internet is either fishy (craigslist) or limited (monster.com)

Any help pointing me in the direction of available creative employment in Central Massachusetts would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 12:43 PM

18,613 posts, read 33,188,568 times
I suspect you'll get few or no answers because there really isn't much to post about, especially in Central Mass.
Creative employment has always been tough, never mind in current climate.
The only people I know of in anything like creative employment have husbands who make good money to support the household. This includes painting, public TV work on many levels, and music studios.
Sorry.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Hehe, I know. I just figured I would ask on the off chance that the right person would read my post and point me in the right direction.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:22 PM

7 posts, read 18,736 times
Do you know about www.hireculture.org? It's a site organized by the Mass. Cultural Council. I don't know how well represented central mass. is on the site, but it may be worth a look. Here's what they say about who posts to the site: "Massachusetts cultural organizations, both non-profit and commercial, can submit listings for any position within their organization." So sometimes is part-time, sometimes volunteer, but it might give you an idea about what kinds of organizations are out there, who's hiring, etc. Best of luck on your search!

Old 02-08-2010, 08:25 AM

Cool, yes that is what I was looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts