U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 17,238 times
Question Looking for places to take my dog swimming in Concord

Hello all

I am very new to the forum and I was hoping you can help me! I just recently moved to Concord and I am looking for good places to take my dog swimming now that the weather is getting hot. I found out that I am basically surrounded by water but every time I take a drive to look around and find a good place I cant find any parking. I was hoping you might offer me some locations!

Sincerely,
Julia and Drake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
b52

29 posts, read 113,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegsd View Post
Hello all

I am very new to the forum and I was hoping you can help me! I just recently moved to Concord and I am looking for good places to take my dog swimming now that the weather is getting hot. I found out that I am basically surrounded by water but every time I take a drive to look around and find a good place I cant find any parking. I was hoping you might offer me some locations!

Sincerely,
Julia and Drake
I don't know if they allow dogs, but have you tried Walden Pond? There is parking in the park and the swimming and trails are terrific. Check out their website.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:18 PM

2 posts, read 17,238 times
Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at Walden Pond (according to their website) - its a shame because its only a couple of miles away from my house

Old 06-01-2007, 06:27 PM

1,007 posts, read 13,687 times
Welcome Julia & Drake -

Perhaps this will help you:

DogFriendly.com - Massachusetts Beach Guide for Dog Owners

Have a fun summer...VV

Old 06-01-2007, 07:05 PM

463 posts, read 1,285,738 times
If you take your dog to the beach, please make sure you clean up after it!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:06 PM

17 posts, read 67,976 times
Oh - There are many great places around Concord. Well, more in Bolton/Harvard. Go Onto Goodle, and type in "MA dog fun".. Harvard does not have a leash law and there's plenty of places to bring your dog. Let me know if you need more details.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:11 PM

17 posts, read 67,976 times
Who said that Walden was nice?? IT IS NOT NICE. Henry and Louisa would have a melt down if they saw what has become of it. Gates, parkinglots, over abundance of people. What a terrible loss to that poor pond!! How sad it makes me. I think if they expand the beach anymore, they may as well make it a camp ground!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 7,885 times
Default Delaney

There is a great park out in Stow, MA (about 20 minutes from Concord) called Delaney, Take Harvard Rd off of Rt 117 and follow it until you see a sign for a bird-watching area on the right and a parking area on the left. There are many trails and it is very dog friendly with a big pond and two or three small beaches. (http://www.stowconservationtrust.org/images/StowMap0204A.png (broken link)).

There is also a small conservation land in Concord, MA called The Rifle Range, with parking near the intersection of Old Marlboro Rd and williams rd. Walk to the very end of the trail (straight) and there is a small pond.

Lastly you can go to Estabrook Woods also in Concord. Go to the end of Estabrook Rd and park on the right (there is no parking lot) there are ponds and streams throughout the park. ([url=http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Estabrook-Woods-near-Concord-MA-4506]Estabrook Woods near Concord, MA - a mountain biking, cross country skiing, hiking and snowshoeing trail[/url])

Mostly just look at the various surrounding towns hiking and conservation maps and look for places with ponds / water most of them are dog friendly and accessible.

Hope this helps!!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM

32 posts, read 82,310 times
Not sure, but there's a pond in Lexington called the Old Res on Rt 2A. There's a town beach where families swim, but I'm not sure about dogs.

Also, if you're willing to drive a little bit, there are some reservoirs in the Middlesex Fells area that you can try. Just be a bit discrete, because while technically there are no trespassing signs, people have been swimming there for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts