Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 AM

4 posts, read 13,213 times

Advertisements

Right, we are moving to Boston shortly and my husband will be working in Southborough. We have a big family and need a house with at least 4 - 5 bedrooms. I'm not American and totally unfamiliar with the areas. Can anyone advise on where would be a nice place to live.
We are probably looking at $3000 per month rental.
We need good Elementary schools.
We like the quite life so, a relaxed family town would be great or even semi-rural would be fine.
People I know have mentioned Southborough or Shrewsbury.
I'd love to hear your advice guys.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,084,365 times
Southborough is a really lovely town & I would not hesitate to live there. I think the problem will be finding the size home you need for rent there. I checked all the rentals on realtor.com & they're all over $3000 & there's only 3 listings.

Southborough, Westborough, Northborough are all good options for you. Shrewsbury isn't a bad option, but I would prefer the other towns over it.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
Southborough is a really lovely town & I would not hesitate to live there. I think the problem will be finding the size home you need for rent there. I checked all the rentals on realtor.com & they're all over $3000 & there's only 3 listings.

Southborough, Westborough, Northborough are all good options for you. Shrewsbury isn't a bad option, but I would prefer the other towns over it.
Thanks so much KellyCrash. Yeah I've been searching like mad and saw there was very little to rent in the areas I was thinking of. I think we might be able to go up to $4000 PM but I still don't see much in the way of large single family homes.

If anyone knows of any areas that have really good big family homes I'm open to suggestions. I've heard Grafton is quite nice too, but can't seem to find any houses big enough in the area... eeeekk help!

If you had to pick one of the 'boroughs' which one would you go for? I'm coming over to the US next week to pick and I'm just trying to narrow it down. Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:03 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,402 times
There's a beautiful 3,900 sq ft house for rent in Bolton, which is a pretty, semi-rural town that would be an easy commute to Southborough.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmann-sherborn View Post
There's a beautiful 3,900 sq ft house for rent in Bolton, which is a pretty, semi-rural town that would be an easy commute to Southborough.
Oh wow, that sounds interesting. I'll check that out. Thanks for the info.
Is Bolton nice? What site is that house advertised on?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM

109 posts, read 324,061 times
Bolton is a beautiful town! Kmann - great job! saw the listing. Beautiful house!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:58 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,224 times
If I had to live in Eastern Mass, it would be in Bolton or Harvard!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:38 AM

925 posts, read 2,742,402 times
Littlewren, When are you looking to move and how long do you wish to rent for?

I know of a house in Southboro that might be available for rent soon due to the owners leaving the country. It's 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, about 3,300 sq ft. It's nicely kept but isn't very upgraded.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmann-sherborn View Post
Littlewren, When are you looking to move and how long do you wish to rent for?

I know of a house in Southboro that might be available for rent soon due to the owners leaving the country. It's 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, about 3,300 sq ft. It's nicely kept but isn't very upgraded.
Great! I'll take any info or help I can get.
We'll be coming over in about four weeks and be staying for approx 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts