Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 09:08 AM

4 posts, read 19,303 times

Advertisements

Hi,

What is the average daily commute time from North Pembroke to South Station in Boston? I'm referring to the morning rush hour time of day (7-830). It would be great if posters could break it down by travel option (for example, driving to Braintree red line train versus driving in all the way and so on).

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,129 times
Leaving BEFORE 6:15 will get you to South Station anywhere between 7am or 730am depending on day of week/time of year/weather.

Leaving between 6:15 an 7am will take about 75 minutes.

Leaving between 7 and 830 will take anywhere from 80 and 120 minutes.

If its raining, there is an accident, Labor/Memorial day week, you can tack on an additional 30-45 minutes. I dont take the train anymore (takes just as long)

Old 06-05-2011, 05:23 PM

91 posts, read 280,290 times
And FYI - you need to get to the train stations prior to 7:30 or you will not get parking.............

Old 06-07-2011, 08:59 AM

779 posts, read 876,966 times
For a very short time (3 months), my husband and I commmuted from the Duxbury/Pembroke line to Boston. We drove and took the T from Braintree (or Quincy Adams when Braintree was full).

We left around 7 a.m. and got into work at 9 a.m., though at the time we were both in Back Bay. South Station would have saved at least 15 minutes. We spent about an hour on the road (10 minutes to exit 12 on Route 3, the remaining 50 minutes sitting in traffic from exit 12 to Braintree).

A couple of times we took the commuter ferry in Hingham. Travelling via 3A, it took about 40 minutes to get to Hingham, then another 40 minutes on the ferry. For us, the ferry didn't really save any time, but it was more expensive.

We lived in Duxbury before the Greenbush line was put in, but that's another option to get in to South Station. You could drive to Scituate (a half of an hour?) and then take the train into South Station.

I would probably go with the Greenbush option because 1.) You don't have to worry about traffic and 2.) it takes you right to south station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts