Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,807 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Brandy. I am in school for massage therapy at the moment, and plan to move to the island in or around April 2011. I don't know much about the island, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on a few things. #1 is Maui LGBT friendly? #2 What is the safest place on Maui if you are white? #3 Best a cheapest place's to rent? I am young, single, and looking for an adventure that will help shape a new life for me. I am not happy with the main land anylonger, and I really want to thrust myself into island life and surfing....so if any of you could help me out, that would be awesome. Thank you and have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM

820 posts, read 3,034,996 times
Probably obvious to the rest of you, but this post twangs my spidey sense as a joke...it covers so many recent thread topics, and there's a winky smiley in the subject. Even the moving in April (Fools?) reference.

I'm guessing that's why no one else if replying.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:21 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,024,330 times
What is there to say? Yet another massage therapist wants to move to Hawaii. That hardly works when times are up, it's harder now when times are tough.

Do any of these massage therapists make enough money to survive on?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:34 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Do any of these massage therapists make enough money to survive on?[/quote]

Not legally. But I agree the OP seems to be trolling.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:44 AM

11,050 posts, read 24,024,330 times
Hey, we can play count the trolling triggers. How many do you see?
1. "Brandy" as a name.
2. "Massage therapy" as a "profession"
3. "LGBT" as a topic.
4. "Safest" as a topic (i.e. implying some areas to be violent/unsafe)
5. "white" - the whole haole racist thing again
6. "cheapest" - i.e. moving on a shoestring

Hmm, somehow the term "thrust myself into island life" seems to ding a bell, but I'm not sure why. Possibly from the word choice.

So what buttons didn't get put out there to be pushed? The OP managed to hit most of the major ones.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 PM

820 posts, read 3,034,996 times
Add to that:

7. "adventure that will help shape a new life for me" - passive attitude
8. "around April 2011" - April Fools Day
9. Winking icon in the subject line

One of our board buddies is yanking our chain, or trying to.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:47 PM

62 posts, read 223,486 times
It would have been complete had it included the following:

1) Can I stay on the beach for free
2) How do I get free healthcare

That would pretty much have it on all the topics!!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:30 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times
But the ongoing topic of rampant cannibalism wasn't even brought up. i suspect they're,, uuuurrrrpppp,,, scuze me,,, serious.....is lgbt some kind of a sandwich?

Aloha.......

Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 PM

806 posts, read 2,341,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandywine143 View Post
Hi my name is Brandy. I am in school for massage therapy at the moment, and plan to move to the island in or around April 2011. I don't know much about the island, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on a few things. #1 is Maui LGBT friendly? #2 What is the safest place on Maui if you are white? #3 Best a cheapest place's to rent? I am young, single, and looking for an adventure that will help shape a new life for me. I am not happy with the main land anylonger, and I really want to thrust myself into island life and surfing....so if any of you could help me out, that would be awesome. Thank you and have a great day!

1)
2) Under a coconut tree, no get sunburned yeah!
3) With my auntie, she get one room on her property you can rent, if you no mind no chickens waking you up. Plenty dogs too!

What's wrong wit da mainland? too big?? Miami get plenty moviestars you can rub there backs!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:37 PM

229 posts, read 929,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
But the ongoing topic of rampant cannibalism wasn't even brought up. i suspect they're,, uuuurrrrpppp,,, scuze me,,, serious.....is lgbt some kind of a sandwich?

Aloha.......

The famous Liver & Garbanzo Bean Taco! Not every body makes 'em. You can see why somebody might ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui