Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 AM

34 posts, read 198,619 times

Advertisements

Aloha! We are going to be staying in Kihei, Maui in May for 9 days. I have done a TON of reasearch but need a little help in deciding which company to go through for the various tours and things that we want to do. We are very active people who like to stay busy! We already have our flight, condo, and car taken care of.

Bike down Haleakala -We are going to do this our second day to take advantage of the time adjustment so we need to reserve in advance but I cannot figure out which one to go with. They all basically seem the same and I have narrowed it to Adventure Maui or Mountain Riders. They both ride all the way to Paia Beach. Any experience with either? Good or Bad?

Luau - we are going to the one near Kihei because it's close. I've heard that the Lahaina one is better but having never been to one, I'm going with proximety. However, it seems there are two down there at the Marriott I think. Any suggestions on which to go to? They look basically the same.

I believe that May is low season so I was going to wait until we got there to reserve our other activities and go from there- ziplining, SCUBA, molokini tour etc. We are driving to Hana one day also. So looking forward to the trip. Mahalo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 AM

209 posts, read 721,961 times
Aloha,

The Old Lahaina Luau is a must, especially if you've never been to a luau before. It's further away from Kihei, but not too far. It's a bit more expensive too, but way worth it. Trust me, I've been to many of the Luau's in Maui and none of them compare to the Old Lahaina Luau. It's the best!! in opinion at least

Have a great time in Maui,
Kelly

Old 03-12-2012, 01:04 PM

66 posts, read 233,274 times
On going to Hana and back in one day, I wouldn't advise it. We've done it before and its not an enjoyable trip, imo. We now stay one or two nights at the Hana Kai then make the drive back. You dont want to spend 8 hours driving across one lane bridges, lol.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:08 PM

I agree with brkbowma. To really experience Hana you need to at least spend the night, preferably two nights if you can. We've stayed at TuTus House which is right on the bay, we love it!! It's been passed down from one Hawaiian generation to the next. TuTus has a lot of history and we thought it was a great place to stay. It wasn't all that expensive either.

We will be back in Maui next week for my Spring Break (I work in education). This time we will be staying at Hana Kai for two nights with our local Maui friends. Hana Kai looks like a very nice place in a great location. We are looking forward to it. We love Hana, there's no place like it anywhere else. You really do need to stay a couple of nights. It's an experience you'll never forget .

Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 AM

Kelly, we'll be staying in #1 Waikaloa at the Hana Kai. Its an oceanfront, end unit that has its own access down to the lawn area in front. Great unit! We'll be there for two nights in June. This will be our second stay there. I think the Hana Kai is next door to TuTus House.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 PM

brkbowma, That's a nice unit. We will be staying in the Hana Kai 203: “Lanakila”. We'll be there next Tuesday and Wednesday, then down to Kihei where we like to stay at Wailana Sands. We found a great condo across the street from the beach on the north end of town. They call it "Mauidipity" you can see it on VRBO. Great place at a good rate. Have a great time in June

Aloha!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM

355 posts, read 1,115,281 times
Unhappy I miss Maui

Things we did:

Snorkel excursion w/Trilogy TRILOGY | - Which we enjoyed based on the fact there were about 15 of us TOTAL on the catamaran!

Feast at Lele "luau" FEAST AT LELE|OFFICIAL WEBSITE|MAUI'S FINE DINING POLYNESIAN DINNER SHOW - GREAT spot by the beach, food was exceptional, drinks were especially good.

Ziplining with GoZipHawaii GoZip Hawaii – Hawaii Zip Lines, Maui Zip Lines, Oahu Zip Lines, Kauai Zip Lines, Big Island Zip Lines! A Great Family Activity in Hawaii! Hawaii zipline, Maui zipline, Oahu zipline. We offer Hawaii Tours, Maui Tours, things to do in Hawaii - Guide was knowledgeable, courteous, and made the overall experience much more enjoyable.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:17 PM

34 posts, read 198,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPECELP View Post
Things we did:

Snorkel excursion w/Trilogy TRILOGY | - Which we enjoyed based on the fact there were about 15 of us TOTAL on the catamaran!

Feast at Lele "luau" FEAST AT LELE|OFFICIAL WEBSITE|MAUI'S FINE DINING POLYNESIAN DINNER SHOW - GREAT spot by the beach, food was exceptional, drinks were especially good.

Ziplining with GoZipHawaii GoZip Hawaii – Hawaii Zip Lines, Maui Zip Lines, Oahu Zip Lines, Kauai Zip Lines, Big Island Zip Lines! A Great Family Activity in Hawaii! Hawaii zipline, Maui zipline, Oahu zipline. We offer Hawaii Tours, Maui Tours, things to do in Hawaii - Guide was knowledgeable, courteous, and made the overall experience much more enjoyable.
Thanks for the info! We go next month so I'm uber excited!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM

355 posts, read 1,115,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray chick View Post
Thanks for the info! We go next month so I'm uber excited!!!!
And I'm uber jealous

Have fun!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPECELP View Post
Things we did:

Did you guys port from Lahaina or Maalaea on the Triolgy? We will ne there in June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui