Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:27 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,809,055 times

Advertisements

Interesting comment above about FHB ownership, I'd not known about its ownership status.

From FHB's website:
Quote:
December 20, 2001 --BNP Paribas, one of the world's largest international financial services groups, completed its acquisition of the 55% of BancWest stock it did not already own. BancWest is now a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas. BancWest stock, which had been listed on the New York Stock Exchange, stops public trading. BancWest remains headquartered in Honolulu, under existing management. Bank of the West and First Hawaiian Bank continue to operate as separate institutions.

BNP Paribas states:

Quote:
BNP Paribas North America
Headquartered in New York (with the regional Head Office for Canada in Montreal), BNP Paribas North America has locations in all of the major corporate and financial centers of the United States and Canada. The bank serves a world-class client base of multinational corporates and mid-cap companies, as well as major issuers and institutional buyers.
Quote:
Ranked as the 11th-largest company and 7th-largest bank in the world on the 2010 ”Forbes Global 2000,” BNP Paribas employs over 204,000 people in more than 80 countries across five continents and has over 15,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
Quote:
Through its BancWest subsidiary, partnership of two dynamic financial institutions Bank of the West and First Hawaiian Bank, BNP Paribas serves individuals and mid-market corporates in the western United States and Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 PM

14 posts, read 55,703 times
Yes, very interesting history for FHB after reading on Wiki. I have been looking at credit unions, but most require qualification. Valley Isle FCU is a community credit union and open to anyone who lives or works on Maui. But they lack mobile banking from what I can see. HawaiiUSA seems to have a pretty good shared branch network and you can use BOH atm's. Anyone use ASB? They're owned by Hawaiian Electric.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM

65 posts, read 96,722 times
We have BofA (on-line banking) in mainland and planning to relocate in Dec 2013 to Maui. Do you believe we need to transfer our account to BOH for best services or we can keep our BofA?
Thank you!

Old 06-12-2013, 01:59 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larisa.murren View Post
We have BofA (on-line banking) in mainland and planning to relocate in Dec 2013 to Maui. Do you believe we need to transfer our account to BOH for best services or we can keep our BofA?
Well, there is no "transfer" of accounts to be had. They are not related. But you can open a BoH account without closing your BofA account, which is what I would recommend until you have a solid sense of what you are going to do. And for anyone planning to go into business for themselves in Hawai'i, I think having a banking relationship with a local institution can prove to be critical.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM

65 posts, read 96,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Well, there is no "transfer" of accounts to be had. They are not related. But you can open a BoH account without closing your BofA account, which is what I would recommend until you have a solid sense of what you are going to do. And for anyone planning to go into business for themselves in Hawai'i, I think having a banking relationship with a local institution can prove to be critical.
Great advice! We'll do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: