Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:13 PM

9 posts, read 37,701 times

Advertisements

I've been to Puerto Rico, I want to experience more of the world. Home will always be there no matter how far away I stray from it. I am fascinated by cultures and the way people live in different areas. I would like to learn and experience some of that. My goal is to stay at absolute minimum two years. I have no problem adapting to environments so that doesn't worry me. And as far as why Hawaii, I can't really explain it in a way that makes sense but over the past few months I have had various signs (or omens however you want to view it) that have been directing me that way. I don't know why or what for but I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering why I didn't. Again I have a very comfortable life staying where I am now, but I am not really living it or doing things I fully enjoy so I wouldn't call it running away as much as I would call it going out to explore the world while I still can. I have no kids and no real obligations anymore. I know for a lot of people it sounds unnatural and stupid but something is calling me there so I've decided to listen and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 01:43 PM

80 posts, read 194,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgolf402 View Post
I've been to Puerto Rico, I want to experience more of the world. Home will always be there no matter how far away I stray from it. I am fascinated by cultures and the way people live in different areas. I would like to learn and experience some of that. My goal is to stay at absolute minimum two years. I have no problem adapting to environments so that doesn't worry me. And as far as why Hawaii, I can't really explain it in a way that makes sense but over the past few months I have had various signs (or omens however you want to view it) that have been directing me that way. I don't know why or what for but I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering why I didn't. Again I have a very comfortable life staying where I am now, but I am not really living it or doing things I fully enjoy so I wouldn't call it running away as much as I would call it going out to explore the world while I still can. I have no kids and no real obligations anymore. I know for a lot of people it sounds unnatural and stupid but something is calling me there so I've decided to listen and see what happens.
I understand where you are coming from, just check it out and see if it is the right fit for you. I personally love the culture of Hawaii. I hope you enjoy it.

Should hit us up on the message board when you arrive.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 PM

I definitely will. And again thanks to everyone who gave their opinions on this post whether its Pros or Cons. Both sides need to be heard and I am very appreciative for everyone that has taken time out of their day to offer their opinion. But back to the main part of this thread... What are the better regions to move to on the island?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:52 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Kihei or Paia

Old 01-04-2014, 09:32 PM

how is kula?

Old 01-05-2014, 04:07 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,573,335 times
Quote:
how is kula?
Right now? FRIGGIN COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:21 AM

Whats cold there? I'm in Central Florida now and we had a high of 45 degrees the other day, low in the 20's

Old 01-05-2014, 01:29 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Whats cold there?
Well, we only made it to 78 in Honolulu yesterday - and I lost track of the number of the texts I got complaining about the cold. The all time record low in Honolulu is 52 which we haven't seen in over 40 years.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:56 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Right now? FRIGGIN COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I saw it was 50 F in Kula last night.

Fortunately Home Depot and the local Ace Hardware stores... Kahului, Lahaina, Kihei... all got in good shipments of space heaters this season, so if you hurry you can still have your pick of styles, mostly in the $25 - 40 range. One of them... Kahului, I think... even had the deluxe ceramic column heaters that get the heat flow up off the floor. They're a bit more expensive at $64.95, but well worth it, I think, for the stylish presentation and more comfortable ambiance. You can put one next to your rocking chair and direct the heat right at you, without even melting the ice in your beverage!

Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,277,172 times
A temperature of 50 degrees isn't cold! That's nothing. When it gets down to 50 degrees, normally, we don't need any heat. The lights, computers, and all other electrical things running in the house are usually more than enough to heat up the house when it's only 50 degrees.

It's about -9 right now. The low tonight is supposed to go down to -26. The high tomorrow is -15 (those are all air temperatures). The wind chill is supposed be about -40 to -60. Now, that's friggin cold! It's not like that all the time here as some people think. It's been about 20 years since it's been this cold. It's just another reason to escape the cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui