Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Enjoy your stay. Maui is a pig sty and it's only getting worse.
Koale
Oh, come on...At least post some pics. Hopefully, with Maui being a pig sty, the price of a pork lau'lau will come down..

Enjoy California Koale, maybe you'll find whatever it is you didn't find in Hawaii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 08:28 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
This took about 5 seconds from Google Earth (I like Kihei)

Old 02-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Why don't you pan back and show the entire block? Still not bad for affordable housing, originally for Maui residents only, and built around 30+ years ago. And I doubt if tourists are using any pools in the neighborhood.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Be nice. I specifically said I like Kihei in my post, which is true.

Here is your panned out version - I'm not sure that makes it look any better, but you asked.......

Old 02-08-2014, 10:10 PM

Namauu was rough 30 years ago, and it still is today. So what? It doesn't define Kihei. Not even close. Pan out further and show the ENTIRE area. So folks who aren't at all familiar with Kihei can get a better idea.
Just Google map Namauu and Kihei Road.

While you're at it, download some Chicago pics.

(and check your pool, water's a little cold this evening)

Old 02-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post

(and check your pool, water's a little cold this evening
I said I see the same thing in Kailua. It's a Hawaii thing. Not a Kihei thing. But, like it or not, that is the area google earth starts near.

Fortunately I have solar and it's heated but it's not quite as fun in the pouring rain.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:24 AM

189 posts, read 260,585 times
My wife and i stayed in a residential area in N Kihei last year. We usually go to BI and this was our first visit to Maui. We could not believe how trashy everything looked. People with junk yards in their front yards, dogs running around, rusty cars that looked abandoned on the side of the road and a ton of old cars parked in front of each house. The wind was picking up the dust all the time. It looked alot like some of the desert Californian small towns.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:23 PM

569 posts, read 780,077 times
Looks to me like the "junk yard" example of garbage Viper found couldn't be seen from the street.

I won't claim to have been up and down every street in Kihei, but I've noticed some homes that are cluttered with junk and many/most that weren't.

It's one of the reasons I prefer to buy homes in condo or planned developments; no matter how nice an area us, you never know when a neighbor is going to stop properly maintaining a property...and there's nothing you can do about it.

I remember once driving past a home I was thinking about buying one evening. The next door neighbor was tearing out a nice picket fence. I drove past it again the next day and he was putting up a chain-link fence. Couldn't believe it.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:26 PM

What's so absurd about this entire thread is the premise that somehow, Kihei should not have some neighborhoods that may have some houses or yards that aren't to some mainlanders specifications. So what if some yard has a collection of junk cars, a few appliances scattered in the yard with weeds growing up around and through them. If that doesn't meet with your mainland based, brochure fed, expectations of what Maui should be, THEN DON'T GO THERE.
It's not all mai tais, umbrella drinks, Hula girls and swaying palm tress over here. Get over it.

Or just get

Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 AM

66 posts, read 233,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
What's so absurd about this entire thread is the premise that somehow, Kihei should not have some neighborhoods that may have some houses or yards that aren't to some mainlanders specifications. So what if some yard has a collection of junk cars, a few appliances scattered in the yard with weeds growing up around and through them. If that doesn't meet with your mainland based, brochure fed, expectations of what Maui should be, THEN DON'T GO THERE.
It's not all mai tais, umbrella drinks, Hula girls and swaying palm tress over here. Get over it.

Or just get
Well said....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui