Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 03:45 PM

59 posts, read 88,904 times

Advertisements

Just wondering: what's your primary source for news on Maui? Print, TV, Internet?

For print do you like "Maui News?" I try reading some of their stories online, but it usually wants me to sign in and become a subscriber.

"Maui Time" seems like a college newspaper with its own brand of politics and opinions - blame the editor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 12:47 AM

337 posts, read 609,752 times
Maui Now is free and is kind of the in between right now. Print, Maui news, but I only look at the first page or so when picking up a coffee at Starbucks on the occasion. Other than that Honolulu KITV or KHON news is pretty much it. While subscription newspaper works, I don't know if this online subscription thing they are doing is really working for them. However every print subscriber gets a free online account I guess which is nice.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:04 PM

59 posts, read 88,904 times
Yeah, same here with regards to Maui News, etc. Good news is hard to find anywhere. I don't care who rammed who with what car or why on which island. The search continues...

Old 09-22-2015, 04:46 PM

919 posts, read 783,865 times
I don't live on Maui yet. I get my Maui news like others from Maui Now updates on Facebook. Also from reports from friends who live or vacation on Maui.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:22 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,538,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustForYOu View Post
Yeah, same here with regards to Maui News, etc. Good news is hard to find anywhere. I don't care who rammed who with what car or why on which island. The search continues...
Sure, but if you were a long time resident, or born and raised here, you might want to know who rammed who. Just to see if you knew the guy, or knew someone who knew the guy, or knew someone who knew someone who was related to the guy. It's all 'relative' on a small Island. And that is something that most new arrivals to any of the Islands have a hard time understanding, simply because they have no roots here, either short or long ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: