Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM

4 posts, read 23,700 times

Advertisements

I'm not depressed! I will like to live close to the beach, I have thought about key west and florida coast even north carolina coast but I like hawii a lot. however is pricy can you all tell me where is a more affordable place and safe I do have an 11 yr old kid, I worry about the schools too. also i working in social services and Im going to school for nursing is there a communty college out there? Gracias!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
Aloha... what could start your day more perfectly than tucking a flower
behind your ear and taking a swim in the ocean just knowing it was going
to be a beautiful day? Huh? I ask you?

Gonna talk a little story to you here...
One day I was making my way along a very deserted stretch of beach near the airport. Wasn't much older than you. I sat down to contemplate my life. Work was a bit scarce, money was a bit low, my Lover had left for the mainland six months before w/out telling me... there I was, feeling all alone on Maui, then... something caught my eye. It was reflecting a blue/green light and bobbing by a branch out in the water about 30 feet out or so. When I made my way out to it I discovered it was a glass fishermans float, about 4 inches in diameter. It was just waiting for me. It was so utterly beautiful. Everything came into perspective at that moment. I don't know why. Maybe because something beautiful and exotic had found its' way into my life when I thought my life was down the tubes. I wasn't hopeless, I was blessed! I took it back to the beach w/me and cried for a very very long time just letting it all go. It turned everything around for me. I felt positive and light-hearted. I got rid of the 'baggage' and started my life over.

I still have that float. 30 years later. I guard it with my life!
It reminds me of the magic that is Aloha! It reminds me why I'm coming home in June.

You hang in there, Honey! We'll talk you through it.

Look forward to hearing you've landed and that all is well with your world.
Aloha a hui hou!
Koale
I am also thinking about moving to Hawaii. I lived in Philadelphia and now in Chicago but I am sick of it!! I want the ocean!! I am interested in more Hawaii info. Where did you live?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitcslc View Post
LOL...I'm sorry for my poor attitude, but know it is a huge part of why I want to move to Maui. I am extremely depressed and want to find happiness. I felt it both times I've been there and I didn't want to leave.

And if you still don't find happiness after you've moved here, what then? You're really looking for yourself. But I understand you might as well be looking for it in a place you enjoy, as sort of a backdrop to your self-discovery. Welcome!

Just remember, the fantasy in your mind can only last so long till reality hits. When that happens, don't fret, because you know no matter where you go, you're still on planet Earth, and you were only searching for the real you. Don't mean to be negative but there are cases of suicides by people who thought Maui was their cure. So please for your own sake and sanity, just come with this realization and understanding so you maintain a healthy perspective NO MATTER WHAT.

Best wishes!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
Get your education, take the first job you get wherever it is, then keep looking for a job on Maui
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui