Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:30 AM

4 posts, read 12,186 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the correction. Yes, I have been lied to by airlines, and am still left with the feeling that it is EXTREMELY difficult to know what is really going on with all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 PM

126 posts, read 688,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacita123 View Post
While true that animals can qualify for Direct Airport Release, the State of Hawaii will NOT allow any animals to fly to Hawaii inside the cabin of a commercial flight (I don't know about about these private charters) It has nothing to do with the particular airlines but with the state. Animals go directly from the cargo to the quarantine office and you must go there to pick them up. In my experience (I have twice brought a cat to Hawaii) it all happens very quickly. basically by the time you get to the office, the animals are ready to go. But getting there inside the cabin - nope.
Incorrect. I flew with my animal in the cabin.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM

5 posts, read 13,258 times
Hi Goldenlover,
There is Pacific Air Cargo that leaves from LAX that you can fly pets on.
They fly in the cabin, not below. We are going to use them if there is no other option other than the cargo hold on a commercial airline.
The drawbacks are you can't fly with them and the flight leaves at 2am.
Their ph. # 310-645-2178

Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,680,385 times
konabound, I know Pacific Air Cargo, and yes, the kenneled animals are cargo but sit in the space behind the flight deck which is the same as where a first class cabin would be. They are not like regular cargo and not mixed in with the pallets and containers. Funny, even cargo in the belly of many of the large passenegr planes is more cabin in setup for where animals are kept. The timing of the flight is to avoid the delays during peak passeneger time periods and avoid heat restrictions. One note, if a person is in the military and PCS to Hawaii, Pacific Air Cargo charges less and I think the military picks up the rest. All they need is the orders when travel is booked.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlover View Post
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone is interested in finding a charter to either Maui or Oahu in 4 to 6 months. My husband and I are moving to Maui with a 14 year old golden, another golden, a ****-zu and of course a cat. I cannot bare the thought of putting my poor old dog in cargo or my ****-zu having problems breathing. Anyone at all interested? I'm in Lake Tahoe, CA but I'll drive to So Cal if needed. Unfortunately were not billionaires so the more passengers the better!
Hi I am extremely interested in sharing a flight to hawaii!!!
I have a Yellow lab and he has been cleared and ready for months ... My boyfriend is already in Oahu but I am in Los Angeles waiting (not so) patiently to secure a flight where he can sit in the seat next to me. He is a little on the sheltered (ok spoiled) side and I am afraid to put him in the cargo area... we joined the dogtravel company but they don't know how long it will be so I am trying to get enough people together so that the price is a little more reasonable. There are 2 others who are also interested so the more people we get on board, the less we will all pay to know that our pets are safe and comfortable during such a long flight.

Please send me a DM.

Last edited by 7th generation; 04-09-2009 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: for safety concerns, please do not include your e mail or phone#. use DM feature instead.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:26 AM

3 posts, read 7,394 times
Default I am very interested in sharing a private jet to maui....I have 2 dogs, 1 is 16 and has special needs, please let me kno

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauri208 View Post
Hi I am extremely interested in sharing a flight to hawaii!!!
I have a Yellow lab and he has been cleared and ready for months ... My boyfriend is already in Oahu but I am in Los Angeles waiting (not so) patiently to secure a flight where he can sit in the seat next to me. He is a little on the sheltered (ok spoiled) side and I am afraid to put him in the cargo area... we joined the dogtravel company but they don't know how long it will be so I am trying to get enough people together so that the price is a little more reasonable. There are 2 others who are also interested so the more people we get on board, the less we will all pay to know that our pets are safe and comfortable during such a long flight.

Please send me a DM.
I too am very interested in sharing a private jet...please let me know the cost and procedure....thank you

Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 AM

I am interested in going in on charter as well....please let me know the information. I am heading to Maui.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 PM

76 posts, read 198,258 times
I have another post on here looking to fill a charter with dogs in cabin from LA - Honolulu in late October or early November. So far I have 12 people/pets who are very interested. I know that might be a little far in the future for some of you or to the wrong island, but if you are interested, PLEASE send me a DM and let me know!

Old 09-20-2009, 04:46 PM

Default dog charter

Hi, I emailed you several months ago and you were looking into getting a charter together for October or November.....is that still on and do you still have any space? Please let me know asap......Mahalo!!!!

BTW, I have one dog the is a border collie X (very, very sweet) about 45 pounds.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:23 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Carol, click on the name to send him a Direct Message or click on the name to see previous posts as to what's going on regarding the dog transport - good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui