Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,455 times

Advertisements

I have 2 dogs that need to get to maui - probably in feb or march 09 - but am flexible.
Anyone wanting to share a private jet ? i am thinking of this. also will look at pacific air cargo - if the dogs can go up in the cabin of the freighter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 09:12 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMick View Post
I have heard that sedating dogs can be fatal. Is this true? If so, it seems that flying is the only way to get them to Hawaii...is there something that will calm them down without putting them "out"?
YES, my veterinarian opposes it because it makes the dog unable to balance itself, in the event it needs to.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:40 PM

23 posts, read 72,799 times
Default Possible Dogtravel Flight from LA to HI 5/14 pets in Cabin

I posted this on the other forum
Trying to get Pets to HI in Cabin after ATA went bankrupt last week

Dog travel company is trying to fill a flight from LA to Hawaii 5/14 or 5/15 for 18 people at $1400/seat.

If you are interested contact roamin at Dogtravel or check out the forum.

Forum - Dogtravel Company Travel Forum

We are signed up - 2 adults and 2 cats - so just 16 more people please!

At present doesn't seem like there is anyone else able to fly next week and take advantage of this great opportunity!.

Last edited by rmm13; 05-09-2008 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: add line

Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 PM

Anyone have any experience in Pacific Air Cargo - especially with regard to direct release in Honolulu?

I have been checking them out as a back up - but if I can't find anyone else ready to fly we will probably have to work on a plan for just us and the cats - I don't really like the idea of the cats on their own for 8 hours or the 2.30am flight from LAX - which will be a major logistics headache!.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,413 times
Smile Traveling with our Rotties/what big babys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
Boston - Have you already completed your trip to Maui via private jet?
I was not sure of when your travel time was.
I live in Boston & may relocate with my job if I can get my two
dogs to Maui safely. I refuse to put them in cargo. If I have to
refuse my transfer I will do that for my two babies. One dog is a
rottie & the other is a rottie mix. My rottie is a big baby & I know
he could not handle being shipped in cargo. He sleeps with us
& he is nothing but a snuggle bunny. The rottie mix can handle
anything but I would not subject him to this process of being
shipped in a cargo bin.
THANKS
Hi!
Sure know what you mean about your ROTTIE BEING A BIG BABY, AND SLEEPING NEXT TO THE BED... Soon plan to move with my 2 babys to Hawaii... the Rottie, and Golden Retriever...
Please let me know why you wouldnt subject the Rottie-baby to cargo...im trying to get information before doing this with my big guy... Last he weighed in..he was 150lb... i worry too... Read Continental, and ATA have special handling for them... and, im starting out in Costa Rica...scarey!! am definitely going to do this in 2 phases...stopping over to rest them both before continuing on to the Island... also, need to have them both prepared for Hawaii law regarding a quarantine=NO quarantine if blood tests are negative for rabies...and I.D. chip... vacciniations and health certificates...3-5 hours processing once there...and they are freed!
But, like you am really worried about my big 11 yr. old Rottie.. Goldens can handle about anything... Please let me know your concerns ... 2 brains always better than 1!!!!
Look forward to sharing your concerns,
Darle

Old 05-20-2008, 10:54 AM

6 posts, read 17,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprtsgrp View Post
Neither United or American will allow ANY PETS in the cabin of the plane to Hawaii unless they are a service animal (i.e. guide dog)

I'm checking with DOA in Hawaii now regarding the release station in Kahalui.

We would be interested with anyone who would want to share an open leg private jet to Hawaii. We have a home there already (Maui) and would be coming from Boston. The obvious jump point would be from California to the islands for a jet returning.
We are looking to put together an open-leg charter as well. We are planning our move for any time starting in August. I have two people and two small dogs (maltese under 7 lbs each). I am also communicating with a woman in Southern California who has two people and two small dogs (pugs) as well. So we have a small group for a charter. If you or anyone else is interested in joining us contact me via pm on this forum or you can also find us at Dogtravel Company Home my login is desperado over there. We are looking to fly to Honolulu if that's ok with you. I think inter-island flight or the super ferry should get you the rest of the way.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:08 PM

82 posts, read 365,219 times
I recently went to Minnesota to bring our dog over via NWA cargo. I was able to walk him into the airport, settle him into his crate, they brought me a verification once I boarded the flight that he was on okay, when we landed, gave me the info that he was de-boarded and en route to quarentine. We gave our papers, and picked him up. He was fine. He was in his crate for 11 hours from the time I left him at the airport until we got him from quarantine and didn't make shi-shi or doo doo. Our vet advised us very well on what we needed to do to make his trip easier, and that sedation was not an option. He is a 97 lb, 8 year old Olde English Buldogge, and is very happy to be with his family. I will have no reservations about taking him with us when we leave the state(will be easier to get him out)because he fared very well on the way here.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:54 PM

I would recommend United and although we were not able to do the direct release into Maui yesterday due to the short notice and had to go through Honolulu - United did a great job with our 2 cats and we are now all safety in Maui. Let me know if anyone needs details or has questions - I got some very good help from a fellow Phoenican through the Maui Humane Society who were also very helpful

Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokupuni_bound View Post
We are looking to put together an open-leg charter as well. We are planning our move for any time starting in August. I have two people and two small dogs (maltese under 7 lbs each). I am also communicating with a woman in Southern California who has two people and two small dogs (pugs) as well. So we have a small group for a charter. If you or anyone else is interested in joining us contact me via pm on this forum or you can also find us at Dogtravel Company Home my login is desperado over there. We are looking to fly to Honolulu if that's ok with you. I think inter-island flight or the super ferry should get you the rest of the way.
We are currently in the process of relocating our family to Oahu and have come upon many roadblocks for us and our dog family. We have 3 American Bulldogs that have very limited weather restrictions (since they are "snub nosed" the weather restrictions are at 75 degrees). They are our babies and we will do anything to get them over there safe and sound. I would rather pay more for a private jet than gambling with the weather and putting them on cargo. There would be at least 2 people plus the 3 dogs. We are looking to fly any time in mid to late July to early August 2008. We currently live in Seattle, but would be willing to fly to LA or wherever you wish to depart from. Still researching all of our options, but this seems viable. I will check out the Dogtravel Company to see if this could be an option for us. If anyone else has any recommendations for us and our types of dogs, I would be most grateful.
Mahalo!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:20 PM

6 posts, read 17,374 times
dsousa76 I just sent you an email via this site.

We would be happy to include you in our plans. Please get in touch with me via PM/email or on dogtravel's forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui