Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 04:29 PM

241 posts, read 583,246 times

Advertisements

Hi,
A group of us are visiting Maui next week and my dear friend has a birthday. Would there be a bakery that does wonderful cakes in the area? I want to order something much better than the standard grocery store cake. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,879,836 times
I'm sure South Maui posters will have great advice, but I could not resist suggesting that in addition to a great cake, you commission a birthday lei.

I'd search something like "Maui custom cake," and call the various providers among your favorite results. Remember, it's a small island, and very few people tend to network to provide what seems like a vast array of services. Try to find the baker (v. someone who sells the cake), in other words.

Don't stint on the lei, however. No matter how many. Everybody doesn't enjoy, but it's "totally Hawaiian."

Best of luck.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:11 AM

150 posts, read 414,381 times
There's a Patisserie at the Food Court is at Maui Community College in Wailuku, if you'd like to go that far (30 mins or so). The Maui Culinary College is there and they turn out some pretty fantastic desserts. You can possibly call to see if they do cakes to order. These students train to work in some of the best hotels. Maui Culinary Academy | Hours Courts Index (http://mauiculinary.com/academy/food_courts.cfm - broken link)
or
try one of the major hotels - the kitchen might be able to provide you with something beautiful - for a fee.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:25 AM

145 posts, read 448,980 times
Mmm...birthday cake...

*drools ala Homer Simpson*

Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 PM

820 posts, read 3,023,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysflyin View Post
Hi,
A group of us are visiting Maui next week and my dear friend has a birthday. Would there be a bakery that does wonderful cakes in the area? I want to order something much better than the standard grocery store cake. Thanks!
Order from the Grand Wailea. There aren't any bakeries other than Safeway in South Maui, but the Grand will bake you up something tasty and custom. I had one for my birthday 3 years ago.... it was great!

Just be sure of the costs as you order, not when you ring up at the cash register. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth eating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: