Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mazda
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 03:07 PM

17,720 posts, read 13,434,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I'm researching replacement cars for my 13 year old Pontiac Vibe. It's taken me a while but I've narrowed down my chooses to four cars, the Mazda 3 Touring is one of them. My plan is to save towards the replacement car and keep an eye on the used car market for them in case anything pops up that's a good deal. I'm looking at 2014-2016, used.

Anyway, if anyone could provide feedback on the Mazda 3 Touring, that would be great. It seems like a good little car based on what I read, but I'd really like some feedback from owners (not just car magazines). Thanks!
For the money in that price range you won't find a more fun car to drive in that price range in that market and they are VERY reliable as well. Still on my maybe list for my next car. make SURE to get the 2.3 liter engine though and a manual tranny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 03:25 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,199,484 times
I can't speak for the current generation Mazda3, but my mom had an 1989 Mazda 323 that went 250K miles before we donated it to a high school drivers education program. The car was a 4-speed manual with no tachometer nor power steering. Great basic car. My mom now has a 2015 Mazda6 with a manny tranny. My sister-in-law has a Mazdaspeed3 that's holding up very well. She tracks it twice a year and her fiancé is a mechanic. I think the only issue she's had was something related to the power steering system.

I find Mazdas to be underpowered, but fun to drive, reliable, and undervalued. If you can't score a good deal on a new Mazda3, consider a used off-lease vehicle. In my area of Orange County, Ca, a 2014 Mazda3 Touring with 40K miles goes for just under $11K...and there are many to choose from.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
I find Mazdas to be underpowered, but fun to drive, reliable, and undervalued. If you can't score a good deal on a new Mazda3, consider a used off-lease vehicle. In my area of Orange County, Ca, a 2014 Mazda3 Touring with 40K miles goes for just under $11K...and there are many to choose from.

Speed is relative I can hop in a Miata that hasn't been modified and where I live you'll be hard pressed to keep up with it on these roads up here. When I say that it's because the roads here are extremely tight with turns that something like a vette would almost have to stop going into. The car would spend more time using it's brakes then anything else.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:21 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,199,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Speed is relative I can hop in a Miata that hasn't been modified and where I live you'll be hard pressed to keep up with it on these roads up here. When I say that it's because the roads here are extremely tight with turns that something like a vette would almost have to stop going into. The car would spend more time using it's brakes then anything else.
I believe you. I find lateral acceleration and a balanced car to be more impactful on my enjoyment than straight-line raw power. I've got a 130hp VW Golf TDI with a Torsen, coilovers, and sport tires for a daily driver. I'd much rather drive a Miata, S2000, or Boxster compared to a 5.0 Mustang, Camaro, Viper (I'd probably wrap it around a pole), or Vette. I'm not the best pilot around the corners and value a balanced car to keep me from limiting my mistakes. My comment about Mazdas being underpowered is relative to their competition in each class. But we all know that horsepower numbers are mostly for marketing these days. There's so much more than horsepower that makes a car fast and fun. ie. drivetrain components, tires, torque, power curve, suspension geometry, weight distribution, brake bias, etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
I believe you. I find lateral acceleration and a balanced car to be more impactful on my enjoyment than straight-line raw power. I've got a 130hp VW Golf TDI with a Torsen, coilovers, and sport tires for a daily driver. I'd much rather drive a Miata, S2000, or Boxster compared to a 5.0 Mustang, Camaro, Viper (I'd probably wrap it around a pole), or Vette. I'm not the best pilot around the corners and value a balanced car to keep me from limiting my mistakes. My comment about Mazdas being underpowered is relative to their competition in each class. But we all know that horsepower numbers are mostly for marketing these days. There's so much more than horsepower that makes a car fast and fun. ie. drivetrain components, tires, torque, power curve, suspension geometry, weight distribution, brake bias, etc.

In the real world going from 40 MPH to 60 MPH is more important these days things like getting onto a on ramp or passing some one on a two lane road etc.

I had a 00 Protégé with a 5 speed lightly with light mods, I had more fun in that then someone would in a high dollar exotic would up here.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 823 times
The best option is to choose and buy Mazda 3, IMO.

Read more about this here: [url="https://carssumo.com/mazda/2019-mazda-3-sedan/"]Mazda 3 Sedan[/url]

Old 05-25-2019, 06:48 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,458,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Hatchback or sedan are you thinking? I think the 3 hatch is easily the best looking.
Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, Peregrine. I find the back end of the new 3 hatch to be big and fat, reminiscent of the old VW Corrado. I also don't like the huge C pillar, which has to limit rear visibility when inside the car.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:18 AM

16,471 posts, read 19,498,299 times
Of course it is, manyroads.
And my comment was referring to the PREVIOUS Gen 3.
Actually hated the new gen 3 when I saw it on the web. In person I changed my mind. It's pretty and the interior is impeccable. Mazda nailed the new 3 IMO.
STILL prefer gen 1 exterior, but as you said, that's only my opinion.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:13 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,957,806 times
Quote:
The s2000 is not as forgiving as the vette. The vette is one of the best handling vehicles out there, as well. Excellent dynamics. The 5.0, I get it, and yeah, vipers are absolutely bipolar and unforgiving.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:17 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,957,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, Peregrine. I find the back end of the new 3 hatch to be big and fat, reminiscent of the old VW Corrado. I also don't like the huge C pillar, which has to limit rear visibility when inside the car.
I saw a red one today on the way to work. They look very unbalanced from some angles in person. I wasnt a fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mazda