Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 04:05 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Fairfax has already lied about the incident. He claimed the Washington Post buried the story, because they found inconsistencies and red flags...the Washington Post is saying that didn't find evidence for either side. Why lie, why not get all the facts before you make a statement?

#Believe Women.

The Washington Post chose to ignore the story for a lack of evidence - and say that they didn't find any inconsistencies with her.

The alleged rape took place at the 2004 Democratic National Convention where they both met.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/04/virg...?ref=hvper.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 08:17 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So who is next in line if these two bozos have to resign?
Bronco Mendenhall, I believe.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:19 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
if she accused him, it must be true.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:25 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
would any lefties care to defend the wapo’s blatant double standards here?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:11 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I thought all women are to be believed? I heard at a staff meeting Fairfax said "F**k that b*tch!" Let's see what Ballsy Ford's attorney does with a real story.

Here is a pic of the victim if you're interested
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...form-oral-sex/

Old 02-06-2019, 01:38 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Mark Herring Attorney General.

Herring is dead meat now. Who's next in line after Herring?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:45 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Yikes! Hannity is now reading the details of the sexual assault as stated by the victim Tyson. Don't know where this is written. If he mentions the source I will link it unless someone else does it first.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:03 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
You can read the statement yourself online as I just have.

Unfortunately, this account is very much in line with the Blasey-Ford "methodology."

The victim, even though she was herself a rape crisis counselor at the time time, did not speak of the non-consensual oral sex act that was forced on her. She never told a soul, and only decided to do so when she saw that her attacker was possibly going to be put into a position of power.

Following all the same standards as the Kavanaugh hearings, this unfortunately becomes a he said/she said issue and nothing can be proven. People will either believe her or not.

The precedent has been set that, without proof, Fairfax would be able to get the job just as the supreme court justice did.

Hopefully, all of this teaches victims to come forward right away.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:53 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,699,967 times
Why isn't Alyssa Milano on CNN 24/7 screaming that "All women are to be believed!" regarding this accusation?

Oh, I see. I missed the fine print that said "As long as they are accusing a Republican."

Old 02-06-2019, 06:07 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Why isn't Alyssa Milano on CNN 24/7 screaming that "All women are to be believed!" regarding this accusation?

Oh, I see. I missed the fine print that said "As long as they are accusing a Republican."
I'm not sure where you're going with this.

I read the account today of the victim in Fairfax's case.

I believe her. I also happened to believe Blasey-Ford. Besides the length of time, there's really no difference in the two victims. Neither spoke up to anyone at the time (well Blasey-Ford claimed to have told her friends). Fairfax's victim was too mortified to go to anyone, even those she was a rape crisis counselor at the time, which strikes me as fairly odd, but a sexual assault will totally unmoor you.

Both women felt compelled to come forward when their assailant might gain some power in the world. You're almost willing to bury it and let it go if the abuser doesn't rise up in the world. Apparently, Fairfax's potential political ascension was too much for the victim and she's now braver and more confident and decides to come forward. Blasey-Ford was absolutely [i]shredded[i] for doing the same thing.

It will certainly be interesting to see if all the folks who shredded her and stood up for Kavanaugh will apply the same principles to this case.

I do believe after the Kavanaugh ordeal, though, as I said above, in a he-said/she-said where the victim waits YEARS to come forward, it's now too little, too late. What's good for the Supreme Court is good enough for every other office.

To feel differently about Fairfax over Kavanaugh is hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media