Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 08:46 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,712,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Will anyone care in a week? no...
Yeah that's the key. It's all up to Fox. Will they give him the time to let it blow over? Ingraham got away with a conveniently timed vacation to let her troubles blow over.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:46 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,896,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Why do people have to hope someone is toast? If you don't watch, don't watch. And, the same goes for both sides. If people don't like someone like Rachel Maddow, ignore her.
When she makes similar comments this might be a sensical post. For now, false equivalency

Old 03-12-2019, 09:01 AM

11,900 posts, read 6,479,958 times
Article — Tucker Carson must not be silenced

https://amgreatness.com/2019/03/11/t...t-be-silenced/

Quote:

Let’s be completely clear here. Nobody—least of all the leftwing mobs attacking Tucker Carlson right now—cares what he said on the radio a decade ago. Except to the extent that his words can be wrapped around his neck like a noose.
Quote:
All the feigned outrage is exactly that: feigned. David Brock and his henchmen, along with their instantly mobilized Twitter mob, are not outraged. Not in the least. They’re giddy! And why wouldn’t they be? They’ve been looking for a way to get “Tucker Carlson Tonight” canceled since the show debuted. The search intensified as its popularity rose and its message caught fire.
Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-12-2019 at 09:38 AM..

Old 03-12-2019, 09:31 AM

673 posts, read 460,768 times
What did he say that was wrong? Come on.........let's read your comments. Since when is telling the truth made into evil.
You frauds...........not everyone in the world is the same. Wake up to reality.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:36 AM

35,512 posts, read 17,702,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Will advertisers see it that way? Will the network see it that way? I liked how he refused to back down but you know how it is as soon as something racial enters the situation, and it's not a democrat. Part of his statement last night was about how the right is often stricter than the left because they are afraid of looking bad, and I think he was right about that.

If he can weather the storm for a few days and no more comments come out things will die down and he may be OK, but that's a big if.
Alex Jones has no problem getting advertisers, seems to me. I don't know if Fox has a place for Carlson, they continue to believe themselves to be mainstream, but I think there's a market to listen to what that melon head says.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:37 AM

6,282 posts, read 2,826,573 times
Grow up guys. These comments were JOKES. Jokes on a shock jock radio show -the "Bubba the Love Sponge Show.

I think they're pretty good jokes too. Bravo Tucker!!!

Tucker for President so we can invade Canada!!!

Old 03-12-2019, 09:37 AM

16,211 posts, read 8,342,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ain't that the truth.

We now see who Tucker Carlson really is.
Oh brother, so you feel the same way about liberals?

I'd bet dollars to donuts you'd be the type of voter who would support Al Franken, right?
(BTW - I am not even talking the pictures of him wanting to touch a womans breat and the like)

Many a radio and TV personality has said things off color or risque.
But only when a moderate or conservative has done so do liberals have moral outrage over it.
Yet the skeletons found in liberals closets are dismissed with barely an raised eyebrow.

The hypocrisy could not be more obvious.

`

Old 03-12-2019, 11:33 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,042,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Tucker Carlson has always been there showing who he is. His audience knows, Fox News knows.
Sadly, the bolded is so true. His audience has known who Tucker really is for years.

Tucker is a racist.
Tucker is a misogynist.
Tucker hates Muslims.
Tucker hates blacks.
Tucker hates Mexicans.

And his audience watches him on Fox News because they share all those same opinions I just listed.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:37 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,821,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Sadly, the bolded is so true. His audience has known who Tucker really is for years.

Tucker is a racist.
Tucker is a misogynist.
Tucker hates Muslims.
Tucker hates blacks.
Tucker hates Mexicans.

And his audience watches him on Fox News because they share all those same opinions I just listed.
Yep. There can be no other conclusion.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:39 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,418,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Yeah that's the key. It's all up to Fox. Will they give him the time to let it blow over? Ingraham got away with a conveniently timed vacation to let her troubles blow over.
Cept' feds are on to them for refusing to run the Stormy Daniels info.....in order to help Trump...and there happens to be issues with Pecker etc over that issue.too.

FOX "news" may be over as we know it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media