Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 02:26 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Businesses weigh the risk/gain factors and if Carlson loses his job -- it isn't about morality -- it's a business decision.

They knew who he was when they hired him.
They fire him now -- it is business...all business.
That is what I just said, so we agree. Doesn't make it right.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
That is what I just said, so we agree. Doesn't make it right.
But they didn't fire him because a bunch of 'lefties' -- who don't watch his show anyways -- called for him to be fire.

Sorry -- I wasn't clear.

And yeah -- it speaks to his character.

It does.

It really does.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:36 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I agree with you there.

I definitely don't believe that LOL. You're one of the more vocal conservative posters here. Had a liberal prime time talk show host from CNN or MSNBC been caught on tape saying the things Carlson said about women, I'm quite confident you'd have some things to say about it.
Theyve said far worse on CNN/msnbc that were racist and no one got fired. And that was on their cable news channels not a shock jock show years ago.
This is purely designed to try to take down fox news. Fox is kinng them in ratings, and also exposing the liberals and dem politicians as hypocritical criminals.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:39 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Assuming they aren't called on to be UN Ambassador or serve in Trumps cabinet.
Well, there's always that.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:42 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
The dems/liberals arent offended by anti semitic remarks by a sitting congresswoman, or calls for assaults on trump supporters but are offended by something said on a shock jock show years ago. Yeah...i'm supposed to believe that they are truly offended. This is purely a political hit job.
A perfect example of pelosi's smear tactics being utilized by the left.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Warren Jeffs was molesting girls as young as 12 years old. Calling it "underage marriage" doesn't change that. Warren Jeffs should have been hung by his testicles.
Think about it. No real "conservative" or "republican" would defend this sort of thing - it just shows you that Tuckers paid "job" is being the opposite of what is normal.

He was deplorable before the other 7% became deplorable - a new book details, from data, how the true deplorable (almost full time listen to Hate Radio, State TV, etc.) are about 7% of the population.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:44 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But they didn't fire him because a bunch of 'lefties' -- who don't watch his show anyways -- called for him to be fire.

Sorry -- I wasn't clear.

And yeah -- it speaks to his character.

It does.

It really does.
As far as character, I find little in any media to be of high moral character, he is better than many. If media is the gauge of character then we are in a frightful state.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/statu...70245071757312

Old 03-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
He's gotta go by 5pm.

MacCallum will take over the 7pm-9pm slot. Hannity and Ingraham are gonna be out of there soon too.

Doocy and Kilmeade are gonna be put on the 9pm-10pm slot.
When you write posts like this, do you realize it sends people to the media to read the story you're referencing?

Somewhere in all that, maybe an "IMHO", or "I predict"?

Old 03-11-2019, 02:46 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Theyve said far worse on CNN/msnbc that were racist and no one got fired. And that was on their cable news channels not a shock jock show years ago.
This is purely designed to try to take down fox news. Fox is kinng them in ratings, and also exposing the liberals and dem politicians as hypocritical criminals.
But it doesn't matter.

It is up to each company/corporation to decide what they want for their business.

Doesn't matter if you don't like it....really it doesn't matter.

The folks calling for Carlson's firing aren't Fox News target audience and definitely don't watch Carlson. They have little to do with the ratings which help to decide what sponsors will be willing to pay for ads during his show.

THe outrage that Fox News might fire him is directed at the 'lefties' but hang on -- if Tucker Carlson's audience would not be impacted by these charges -- they are nothing.....they mean nothing --- then why would Fox News fire him or sponsors walk away.

Oh wait -- because while these charges are old, they do speak to Carlson's character and most people didn't really know about all this stuff. Back in those days we just didn't spread this kind of stuff as fast and with the same scope.

So pout, rant, rage at the lefties -- but it's Fox News deciding what they think their audience wants.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Agreed. Fox News will most definitely start to care if sponsors start pulling out.
it would take a lot of them to pull out and it isn't likely to happen. Remember they are the most watched network and sponsors know where the money is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media