Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 09:08 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

If a company decides they don't want to spread Nazi propaganda, so be it.

Their company. Their choice.
Ah, but what if people cannot agree on what is and is not Nazi propaganda? Lets not forget to some, everything Obama did for 8 years was Hitler like;

https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...w=1366&bih=657

and the same now with Trump;

https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...30.6NHZ0ES_GXk

We as reasonably intelligent people can differentiate between actual Nazi's and real propaganda designed to promote their ideology.
However when you have some people invoke Hitler over every little thing, it loses all it's meaning.

The point being that if you had completely neutral arbiters of what is in violation of spreading Nazi calls for violence and the like, no worries.
But when you have overly sensitive people demanding others be silenced by using wild exaggerations to make their point, some with political/ideological bias might agree. If they are in charge of modern day information/news via platforms like FB, Twitter, Youtube, etc., it can favor one ideology over all others. To ban all forms of speech/communication on an aforementioned platform is what many people are objecting to.

Rest assured old school liberals still believe in freedom of speech/expression. But the new blood that claims to be liberal-minded were raised to worship at the alter of PC, and to them, anything not comporting with their ideology, must be labeled as hate and suppressed.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 10:41 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I don't know which is richer, righties demanding the government tell private businesses whom they should allow on their platforms or lefties defending the right of corporations to do whatever they wish without government interference.

YouTube has and should have the right to exclude whomever it wishes from its platform but they do themselves harm and they do the public good harm through these actions. They certainly do not uphold the ideals of free speech. Neither do these forums, for that matter, which would be immeasurably better without the schoolmarms policing them. Adults should be able to deal with speech they don't like on their own. The best Internet forums have no moderators. (Recognizing that one of the schoolmarms will probably strike this part.)
LMAO.

When it comes to Internet censorship and some other issues (like "incels"), much of the left sounds EXACTLY like right-wing libertarians, it is unreal.

Left vs right seems like a false dichotomy at times...

Old 06-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Wait, so you see the hypocrisy with that Team Red member but not with yourself (a Team Blue member if memory serves)?

Neither respect private property rights or freedom of association.
You have provided no example of my hypocrisy.

Both example are the law or enforcement agencies of a company making sure people are treated equally.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
No, they are not saying it "sarcastically."
yes they are. My post are clearly an example of that. Or do you think I and others actually support discrimination ?????

Quote:
And, you seem to not understand that the cakes shop and pizza parlor both were forced to do business where they didn't want to. YouTube is not being forced to do the same.
I understand your philosophy on life, I disagree and follow my own.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Problem for youtube is that they have specifically acknowledged in writing that none of Crowders videos breach their TOS. Yet they have demonitized his channel. Youtube deserve all the criticism they get for this nonsense.
I did a quick google search, I dont see where Youtube has written to Crowder and told him his videos never breached TOS.

I think at best you mean crowder posted a video talking about TOS and claims he doesnt violate it, but thats just his opinion.

Youtube has point blank said using slurs, mocking or attacking people is against TOS, Crowders response to people who have pointed that out to him is to claim all of his jabs are "good hearted friendly ribbing", which is BS and obviously only works if both sides see it that way and they clearly didnt.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:24 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I did a quick google search, I dont see where Youtube has written to Crowder and told him his videos never breached TOS.

I think at best you mean crowder posted a video talking about TOS and claims he doesnt violate it, but thats just his opinion.

Youtube has point blank said using slurs, mocking or attacking people is against TOS, Crowders response to people who have pointed that out to him is to claim all of his jabs are "good hearted friendly ribbing", which is BS and obviously only works if both sides see it that way and they clearly didnt.
Tim pool explained this. Crowder did not violate youtube terms of service. Crowder mocked maza on being gay, and of him being Mexican, than again context matters. Crowder states that he is being light hearted and comical while maza thinks its offensive and crowder speech violates youtube tos agreement. All I know is. I feel. Sorry for content creators that talk about politics right of center, black or white identities, alt right, and extreme feminist ideologies. Youtube ahs already demonized thousands of content creators and plans on removing them entirely.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Tim pool explained this. Crowder did not violate youtube terms of service. Crowder mocked maza on being gay, and of him being Mexican, than again context matters. Crowder states that he is being light hearted and comical while maza thinks its offensive and crowder speech violates youtube tos agreement. All I know is. I feel. Sorry for content creators that talk about politics right of center, black or white identities, alt right, and extreme feminist ideologies. Youtube ahs already demonized thousands of content creators and plans on removing them entirely.
2 points.

1. Yes people have made that argument, i disagree. I think Crowders intent here wasnt just to be light hearted( when has using those terms ever been light hearted ? If this was the N word , no one would be on Crowders side.

2. Youtube long ago demonitized LGBT creators for simply talking about what happened in their lives. Yet right wingers never stood up and defended them.

I think even if they disagreed with the issue as they claimed, they could have still stood up for the idea,which is what they claim they are doing for Crowder.

But it seems to me, they fail at this by simply choosing right over left.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:48 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Extreme views = Anything not supporting SJW agenda

Old 06-06-2019, 12:50 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
It's their right to control what data they store on their property but if the rules/enforcement gets too heavy handed it will kill the platform.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:05 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Youtube is not trying to pick political winners or losers. All they care about is money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media