U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 08:10 AM

5,704 posts, read 2,442,875 times

Advertisements

I do not know why one would watch a pundit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 08:12 AM

3,119 posts, read 1,121,663 times
Is funny because those that blast the mouth pieces on the left are fine with these parrots for the Ultra Right.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:22 AM

4,777 posts, read 2,389,567 times
Hannity has been a hypocrite on nearly every single issue (just look at how much he favored foreign intervention, mass surveillance, anti-whistle blowers, and pro-big government during the Bush years) so I no longer pay attention to what he has to say.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:27 AM

27,286 posts, read 9,508,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Is funny because those that blast the mouth pieces on the left are fine with these parrots for the Ultra Right.
The difference is the ones on the right have been proven correct while the mouth pieces on the left have been discredited liars !!!
Many wrote books about it before the Mueller report came out proving the mouth pieces on the right were in fact right in their view points !!!
As the investigation into the investigators comes to a conclusion they will be proven again to be correct !!!
Leftist media will be loathed to mention anything about the investigations of the current DOJ !!!
It would add to their lack of creditability exposing them as the liars they are and have been !!!

Old 07-28-2019, 08:29 AM

3,119 posts, read 1,121,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The difference is the ones on the right have been proven correct while the mouth pieces on the left have been discredited liars !!!
Many wrote books about it before the Mueller report came out proving the mouth pieces on the right were in fact right in their view points !!!
As the investigation into the investigators comes to a conclusion they will be proven again to be correct !!!
Leftist media will be loathed to mention anything about the investigations of the current DOJ !!!
It would add to their lack of creditability exposing them as the liars they are and have been !!!
LOL. That was funny. Keep on believing that.

All those from Left and Right are just parroting the lines from their Parties and all they care about is money going into their pockets.

So all they care about is having enough sheep watching them so they have good ratings and they can cash in.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:35 AM

10,524 posts, read 10,510,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They remind me so much of Rush Limbaugh. For a long time, years ago, I had Limbaugh on my radio while working in my garage, and I thought his show was a parody, a comedy show. Then, one day, I woke up and realized HE WAS SERIOUS !!

Carlson and (especially) Hannity are cut from the same cloth. Ugly natured, negative naysayers of doom and gloom, who have found a certain disgruntled, bigoted audience who think the same way they do. I could never listen to either one of them from more than about 2 seconds before changing channels. They are an insult to my sensibilities and intelligence.

I agree with you. I read a variety of news. Read "THE INTERCEPT" Left leaning but highly accurate.

CNN has news from quite a few other news places including some from Fox news. How can you find the truth if you don't read both sides? As a Independent/Democrat; I do.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:58 AM

5,234 posts, read 1,982,564 times
Actors only know how to follow the script.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:31 AM

11,558 posts, read 10,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Let’s put this into perspective.

Cable news attracts an older and whiter audience.

Hannity has about 2.5 -3 million viewers in a country of 365 million.

Hannity attracts a fraction of the audience that watches Monday Night Football or top rated network shows. Then there's Netflix, HULU, Amazon etc.

Most people are not talking about last night’s cable news at the water cooler.
And yet he has the highest viewership of any pundit.

Not that I am defending Hannity. I stopped watching him when Combs was taken off the show. He is so partisan, it is pointless for me to watch him without a counterpoint. Even if I do agree with him on many issues, I get nothing out of it. There is nothing intellectually stimulating about it

I think liberals probably feel the same way about most CNN pundits. Probably why nobody is watching that station anymore. Republicans don’t watch because of the blatant bias. And liberals don’t watch because there is no point in watching a one sided argument.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 07-28-2019 at 09:41 AM..

Old 07-28-2019, 09:32 AM

19,478 posts, read 10,088,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I mean they support what we say, but how many times can we hear the same narrative. Arrest someone or stop talking about it. And I think most people as well are tiring of it and Hannity even admits he's taking a chance by pretty much staying on the same subject for half the show.

though, his show does provide a daily updated synopsis of what is being uncovered...who is filing for what, who the players are/were, etc, etc.

However, If there is no 'end", as in people being indicted, its a complete waste of time.
They're the 2 most interesting for me to watch other than The Five.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:38 AM

5,226 posts, read 3,550,337 times
I remember Carlson years ago when he was kind of a bow tied George Will clone. Go where the big bucks are I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or