Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 11:16 AM

2,180 posts, read 639,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
When whites were just in Europe....the masses of whites were impoverished. It was a rigid class system of clergy and aristocrats. It was not until colonization and imperialism did things start to improve for the white masses and all that colonization and imperialism impacted what they now call "people of color". It subtracted from them and added to whites....via land, labor and resources.

The same can be said for what the Arabs did to 1/2 the world. I don't see you bitching about them. Oh, that's right.... Europeans built lasting legacies for their people and descendants during their imperial phase, while the Arabs didn't. Arab lands are now **** holes to live for minorities. Rich Arab lands, poor Arab lands... almost as if wealth doesn't correspond to whether a population affords basic human rights to minorities and women.

BTW, the Arabs were pillaging European shores into the 1800s for sex and labor slaves. Millions taken from Europe over the centuries (and no, unlike the Africans, the Europeans didn't SELL their own).

The Arabs were trading Africans for HUNDREDS of years before Europe. The Arabs occupied southern Europe for about 700 years (while the Europeans occupied Arab lands for about... 100, if that). The last vestiges of the Ottoman Empire didn't leave occupied eastern Europe until the earliest 20th century.

Don't be mad because your ancestors and other POC built nothing with the wealth they obtained through their participation in the slave trade and imperialism.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:16 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,079,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I might have to start watching this guy. He recognizes the game the left is playing.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...roblem-1452924
You should support him. He might be the last person on "news" worth supporting/watching (well, Ingraham isn't bad either).

He's a "paleoconservative" (a true conservative).

Old 08-08-2019, 11:32 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,761,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
of 320+ million people, less than .00000001% of people, identify as white is right.
You are going to completely flip society on it's head over so few people with bad ideas?
I think many people were born and raised to see things where they are not. The trap of Perpetual Victimhood, is taught to the point everyone in the community is overly sensitive and easily offended, leading to a violent outcome. All over creating a crisis, where none exist.
You can say the same thing about other periods in American history, that there was undue panic about imagined evils. The Weather Underground in the 60's was 100 guys or so, the Simbian Liberation Army was a couple hundred. Black Panthers probably had a 1000. All of those groups were violent and were real, just like the scattered Ayan Nations and other white supremacist orgs. Yes perhaps they are getting too much attention but I still think it is worthwhile to nip it in the bud. History would be far different if Germany had nipped the Brown Shirt movement in the bud in 1920.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:33 AM

57,188 posts, read 26,148,764 times
Quote:
of 320+ million people, less than .00000001% of people, identify as white is right.
You are going to completely flip society on it's head over so few people with bad ideas?
I think many people were born and raised to see things where they are not. The trap of Perpetual Victimhood, is taught to the point everyone in the community is overly sensitive and easily offended, leading to a violent outcome. All over creating a crisis, where none exist.
I would say look no further than congress and corporate executives, do you feel they are representative of our country, not extreme far right but certainly skewed. It was really not that long ago that we had a hundred congressmen in the KKK. I don’t know where you got your numbers but the FBI claims white supremacist terror is one of their largest problems. What percentage is Isis.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:44 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,364,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The left believes that things like academic achievement, using proper grammar/spelling and showing up on time are all white supremacy.
This is ridiculous and not at all true.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:44 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,697,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
The same can be said for what the Arabs did to 1/2 the world. I don't see you bitching about them. Oh, that's right.... Europeans built lasting legacies for their people and descendants during their imperial phase, while the Arabs didn't. Arab lands are now **** holes to live for minorities. Rich Arab lands, poor Arab lands... almost as if wealth doesn't correspond to whether a population affords basic human rights to minorities and women.

BTW, the Arabs were pillaging European shores into the 1800s for sex and labor slaves. Millions taken from Europe over the centuries (and no, unlike the Africans, the Europeans didn't SELL their own).

The Arabs were trading Africans for HUNDREDS of years before Europe. The Arabs occupied southern Europe for about 700 years (while the Europeans occupied Arab lands for about... 100, if that). The last vestiges of the Ottoman Empire didn't leave occupied eastern Europe until the earliest 20th century.

Don't be mad because your ancestors and other POC built nothing with the wealth they obtained through their participation in the slave trade and imperialism.

That is getting off the topic....you ignored this point I made in another post.

White supremacy is a BELIEF....not an organization, although there are hate groups organized around the belief, however, one can believe in white supremacy without hating. I mean....many men believe that men are superior to women.....but they don't hate women. A white supremacist is simply a person who believes that the white race is superior over one or more other races, genetically...in things that count in society and modernity.

In light of that. I would agree that hate group white supremacy is not a big issue in America. I do believe, however, that white supremacy as a belief is a big issue in America....in how that impacts the lives of blacks. Men might feel they are superior to women....but men realize that they NEED women in their lives. Many whites feel that blacks are inferior and they don't feel that they or this country needs them.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:47 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,577,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would say look no further than congress and corporate executives, do you feel they are representative of our country, not extreme far right but certainly skewed. It was really not that long ago that we had a hundred congressmen in the KKK. I don’t know where you got your numbers but the FBI claims white supremacist terror is one of their largest problems. What percentage is Isis.
Yes, from slavery, to the KKK, to jim crow, to segregation, all Democrat disasters for a united nation.
What are democrats doing today, to unite the nation? Who is the boogie man today?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:41 PM

57,188 posts, read 26,148,764 times
Quote:
Obama ran a campaign in 2007-2008 as a new kind of politician, someone who could bring America's disparate factions together in a new era beyond partisan politics. Hope & Change.
It hasn't quite worked out that way.

The division grew in an explosion under Obama
https://www.people-press.org/2014/06...erican-public/

In January 2016 under Obama, the majority of Americans, thought the country was on the wrong track.

Direction of Country

Trust in Government flailed to an all time low, from 72% to 45% in 8 short year of Obama
https://news.gallup.com/poll/5392/trust-government.aspx

Even after the devastating housing market crash of 2007-2008(planned by Pelosi and the 110th Congress) People were worse off 8 years of Obama.
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...rate-lowest-38

Obama pushed and was involved in Government greed, while the common people struggled.
https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/federal-worker-pay

Obama bloated the debt in his greed to pay off all his corporate supporters.
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/...ebt_histo5.htm

Yes, Obama was the Great Divider. Look at you and I today. Ready to go to war with each over, because Obama created a crisis that never existed.
By Obama’s greed you mean the 2098 Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, bank bailouts or stimulus, how is that greed. We were divided under Bush for good reason, the country wasn’t quite ready for a black president in 2009. So yes there was a division but nothing close to this administration.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:44 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,364,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The pathetic Liberals are using these shootings to try and make Trump look bad. The reality for the diaper-wearing Liberals is that America Loves Trump! America knows what the Liberals are trying to do....

The Liberals are an ugly bunch filled with bitterness, and they have tried to start a hate war... THEY alone have tried to divide this country, along with the Liberal news media like CNN and MSNBC.
It is Trump who is trying to divide this country with his racist and vile comments about anyone who even slightly disagrees with him. Look at his spiteful rhetoric about Sherrod Brown and the Mayor of Dayton, when they, even though they disagree about his policies, were respectful and kind to him on his visit to Dayton this week.

I really despise the way Conservatives always resort to nasty name calling about Liberals. It seems so childish and insecure!

I’m a centrist Independent, but lately have been longing for George W. Bush.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:05 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,079,046 times
The bottom line is Carlson is right. A million (mostly non white) immigrants wouldn't be flooding into any country that had a serious "white supremacy" problrm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.