Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 08:46 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The free press is the best friend the people could ever have.

It's frightening, and I'm not using that term lightly, that Trump has convinced his followers that the free press is their enemy.

Trump could be driving around with a headless body in his trunk, and his fans wouldn't care.

He's a hero, as long as he doesn't attempt to work toward compromise, reaching out in good faith to the more than half the nation who did NOT vote for him. That would kill his political career dead as a doornail overnight.

I certainly tip my hat to him for understanding the current situation in Iran, and not giving their leaders the battle they greatly hoped they could stir up with the US, but honestly. The man's a monkey with a knife.
The press isn't free. It's a regime run by elites who control the message coming out of it.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:47 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie15 View Post
Trudeau could drown babies, but If he apologizes it's all roses to the liberal media.

If Trump wore blackface and apologized, that's not good enough.

It's just all Orange man bad
The media is the enemy of people?

Where do you get your news? How do you stay informed?

A variety of viewpoints are expressed through the media. It's a good policy to expose oneself to all sides of the story.

Is Trump your only trusted source?

Old 09-20-2019, 09:06 AM

15,825 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Quote:
Trudeau could drown babies, but If he apologizes it's all roses to the liberal media.

If Trump wore blackface and apologized, that's not good enough.

It's just all Orange man bad
DT himself set the bar pretty high:

'I could shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters'

Old 09-20-2019, 11:15 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
The press doesn't report all the good things Trump has done . It's all negative

You're just brainwashed
Do you have a couple of examples? I feel pretty well informed. As a president, he hasn't amounted to much. He's issued a bunch of executive orders, half of which ended in lawsuits and the other half of which will be reversed by his successor. He had a majority in both houses for the first two years of his term, and didn't manage to do anything but cut taxes on rich people. He hasn't been good at garnering popular support for legislation.

I think you are confusing real news with cable news editorial comment. Cable "news" really doesn't report much. Most of the content seems to be opinion. If you want the news, stick to ABC, CBS, NBC, and print sources like the AP.

Here are today's AP stories about Trump. What "good things" is he doing right now that haven't been reported?

https://www.apnews.com/4d4ce92397ba44a68bedd60edb2aee36

https://www.apnews.com/48f63d46490a409ca20aecc1c4fdf573

https://www.apnews.com/56fe325e5b334d0c87fa77f60edd8b04
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media