Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 12:47 PM

628 posts, read 663,212 times

Advertisements

I have my own facts but city-data doesn’t like my statistics so I will refrain. Instead, I want to ask you all what you think is “behind” the leftist spin on the media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 12:52 PM

10,479 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
I have my own facts but city-data doesn’t like my statistics so I will refrain. Instead, I want to ask you all what you think is “behind” the leftist spin on the media?
A lot of the media outlets are all bought up by elite class, and the ones buying up the media are extreme leftists.

CNN reporters are not reporting news because its fair, they have directive from the top down how its to be reported and slanted. The individuals they are hire, are from the extreme left.

Comcast - run by Brian Roberts (Mega Dem Supporter/Communist)
WarnerMedia - Jeff Zucker (Left wing extremist)
Viacom - Sumner Redstone (another Democrat elite)

Then you have the other elites who buy newspapers to run their own propaganda (Jeff Zucker).

Democrats and the left understand this full hardheartedly, and are not missing a beat. The far left wing Governor of New Jersey - Phil Murphy, has created scholarship foundations using New Jersey tax money to give scholarships to college students studying media. He has a seat on the board, along with other board members of his choosing on the board giving the massive scholarships and they people they are choosing have been all left wing activists.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 10-01-2019 at 01:08 PM..

Old 10-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Internationalists.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:01 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Journalism as a career tends to attract the left leaning. But they don't typically become journalists for political reasons. News reporting tends to focus on what's wrong with the world, which is often a result of some form of disparity. That in itself ties in with a leftist perspective. Contrast that with business reporting, which focuses on enhancement of wealth.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:20 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
the media is biased to the left because the MSM journalists are leftists. Management doesn't hire republicans at the NYTimes, the Washington Post (Jennifer rubin ain't conservative), or any other major publication.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:00 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times
conservatives are quickly weeded out in j school or asked to assimilate. the media needs groupthink to drive a narrative.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Journalism as a career tends to attract the left leaning. But they don't typically become journalists for political reasons. News reporting tends to focus on what's wrong with the world, which is often a result of some form of disparity. That in itself ties in with a leftist perspective. Contrast that with business reporting, which focuses on enhancement of wealth.
You are partly correct plus as the years go by, more and more of our journalist graduate from the elite schools which we know are liberal. My husband graduated from the school of journalism at SDSU back in the 50s. Even then his professors leaned liberal but they didn't push their views and they taught the students the difference between reporting and editorializing. today's journalists don't seem to know there is a difference Most of my husbands friend from college and the early working days are conservatives, but they are retired plus most ended up in Public relations not the newspaper business.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:22 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
well, there are multitudes of media out there thanks to the internet.
since the Left tends to congregate around the major players,
i surmise that the Left was hired by the Left in place.
so, it has been a slow process, and this millennium
has revealed what has been evident for decades.
bottom line: birds of a feather flock together.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:01 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
I can give you the answer.

Academia was taken over by radicals in the 60s, and now all "educated" fields have been taken over by university educated and created leftist drones. It is going to be the death of our civilization.

Think of that when they ask you why "educated" people vote Democrat. And education today isn't really worth a bucket of warm ****. You are paying them tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands to teach you that the civilization that invented the concept of human rights and gave the world the internal combustion engine, penicillin and nuclear power, is evil.

Anyway, reporters used to be blue collar types. Now they are part of the third-worldizing of America.

The thread can go on, but this really is the answer.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:58 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I can give you the answer.

Academia was taken over by radicals in the 60s, and now all "educated" fields have been taken over by university educated and created leftist drones. It is going to be the death of our civilization.

Think of that when they ask you why "educated" people vote Democrat. And education today isn't really worth a bucket of warm ****. You are paying them tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands to teach you that the civilization that invented the concept of human rights and gave the world the internal combustion engine, penicillin and nuclear power, is evil.

Anyway, reporters used to be blue collar types. Now they are part of the third-worldizing of America.

The thread can go on, but this really is the answer.
Then explain what drives the left to destroy civilization? What do they gave to gain when it's all destroyed or at least made third world like? Don't they have to live with it? Or do they want all life removed from earth, including themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media