Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 08:12 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Sure, I don't have a high opinion of Veritas.

So what? Do you have any real objections to the rest of my post? Or are my objectively unbiased statements somehow tainted because I think that O'Keefe is a goober?

Or are you running away, afraid to admit that you pre-judged me without actually reading the content of my post? I thought you believed that truth matters? Or do you only think that truth matters if it comes from an ideological compatriot? Maybe you believe that somebody who does not agree with your ideology is incapable of telling the truth? If so, show me where in my statements on this thread I have been wrong.

I don't have an "ideology", I was a Democrat until March 2020.

And no, I am not afraid of someone I don't know on a message board. Delusions of grandeur?

Look, it's late - is there a particular part of your post you would like me to address? Because it is laborious reading when I know it's BS - I'm not going to lie.

But if you really, truly want to have a debate - try sticking to one point and I will happily parry.

I don't have time to write A Tale Of Two Cities in response to your War And Peace - particularly when you're just another TDS victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 08:16 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yawn. And? The NY times has had a lot of lawsuits, theyve been deposed a lot of times.
Saw someone else quote you, so I opened your post to respond with, "For defamation?"

Old 08-15-2021, 08:16 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I don't have an "ideology", I was a Democrat until March 2020.

And no, I am not afraid of someone I don't know on a message board. Delusions of grandeur?

Look, it's late - is there a particular part of your post you would like me to address? Because it is laborious reading when I know it's BS - I'm not going to lie.

But if you really, truly want to have a debate - try sticking to one point and I will happily parry.

I don't have time to write A Tale Of Two Cities in response to your War And Peace - particularly when you're just another TDS victim.
Go to my post 31. Tell me how it is biased.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Go to my post 31. Tell me how it is biased.

Already asked and answered.

You'll have to do better than that if we're going to devote actual bandwidth to your interrogating.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:20 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Already asked and answered.

You'll have to do better than that if we're going to devote actual bandwidth to your interrogating.
Obviously you have an odd understanding of answered. Sorry you do not have the integrity to engage.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Obviously you have an odd understanding of answered. Sorry you do not have the integrity to engage.

You just slandered all Trump supporters.

Your bias is obvious to anyone with an IQ over 50.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:30 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Do you really think so? I believe I asked you what you expected, and pointed out that there are financial and PR consequences either way. Probably more severe to the NYT than Veritas. I even laid out what would happen to the NYT if they lost.

How is that biased?

Again, what BS? My post was pretty factual. If the Times is guilty of defamation, they should pay. If they published facts and protected opinion, then Veritas deserves the PR hit.

I have long been an advocate of the truth. I make great efforts to post verifiable facts and link to sources when posting on this page. All I did was ask you what you expected.

Sure. Nobody wants to be the subject of a lawsuit, and of course the NYT moved to dismiss. That is no different from what Mike Lindell did against Dominion. You would do the same if I sued you, and I would do the same if you sued me.

That is just how the legal system works, and you seem to think it is some type of gotcha occasion. That is simply naive of you.

Well, the internet did become incredibly popular over the last 20 years. Things have changed. They are still the pre-eminent newspaper in the country though.

The NYT is still highly credible to everybody except Trump's brainwashed masses. One lawsuit in very early stages does not change that.
"The NYT is still highly credible", only in your dreams!

Old 08-16-2021, 06:24 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
So you refuse to watch a 5 minute video that proves O'Keefe correct, but you still want to sit here and comment about it as if you have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Trolling?
Mike Pillow made a 2 hour video that proves that Trump won the election. Any idiot can make a video.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:25 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Mike Pillow made a 2 hour video that proves that Trump won the election. Any idiot can make a video.
"Any idiot can make a video."

Any idiot can post! NOT calling you an idiot, just to be sure you don't think that I am.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:34 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm open minded, to a fault actually.

I just know that if I want to consider a story, don't go ask that flake on the street corner who's talking to himself for information about it.

James O'Keefe has yet to lose a court case and brings the receipts on everything he's brought to light. The proof is out there so spare me your "I do my research" crap. It's no one's problem but yours if you can't handle being wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media