Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 03:12 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Exactly. In california they are already claiming that if Newsome wins, which he will, the election results are fraud.
If Gruesome wins, California loses...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 05:13 PM

449 posts, read 195,003 times
Quote:
If he is left of center, it is not obvious to me. He asks tough questions on both sides. He is actually as critical of Biden as he was with Trump, it is just that Trump gave more reasons to be critical.

I like Bret Bier as well but I don't watch him regularly as I do Wallace on Sundays.

I watch all the Sunday morning line up, best part of TV.
Perhaps if Sleepy Joe gave more interviews and answered relevant questions, he'd probably take the Wallace criticisms lead .... but I guess he could always fall back on "They told me ..." and deflect his opinion to the ghost adviser...

They're probably neck and neck on the Wallace scorecard at this juncture .... but Sleepy's only just begun

Old 09-13-2021, 06:16 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
LMAO Wallace has zero control in any interview he does. Hannity and Carlson are much better.

He may lose control, but he's not afraid to ask the questions most Fox anchors wont, or are afraid to ask. Im surprised he's still on Fox. Hannity and Tucker dont really ask questions. They are more like shock jocks on the radio. Talking to the right, mostly radical right, with their off the wall propaganda and BS. When Trump is your messiah, you credibility is already shot. Its finally seeping into them though, that Trump actually lost.

Old 09-13-2021, 06:44 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He may lose control, but he's not afraid to ask the questions most Fox anchors wont, or are afraid to ask. Im surprised he's still on Fox. Hannity and Tucker dont really ask questions. They are more like shock jocks on the radio. Talking to the right, mostly radical right, with their off the wall propaganda and BS. When Trump is your messiah, you credibility is already shot. Its finally seeping into them though, that Trump actually lost.
What distinguishes Wallace from the Fox News Jokers is that he considers his audience as intelligent and informed. He voices the same questions his audience has. Whereas the Jokers know where their audience get their conspiracy theories from, and thus they need to cater at their level. They are there to entertain not inform.

Old 09-14-2021, 01:16 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
If he is left of center, it is not obvious to me. He asks tough questions on both sides. He is actually as critical of Biden as he was with Trump, it is just that Trump gave more reasons to be critical.

I like Bret Bier as well but I don't watch him regularly as I do Wallace on Sundays.

I watch all the Sunday morning line up, best part of TV.
Wallace comes from several generations of liberals, and while a talented guy, he is tougher on (R's) than he is on (D's).
So while he is better than the leftists who claim to be journalists at MSNBC, CNN, etc., he is still left of center.

`

Old 09-14-2021, 05:59 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Was superb. I always enjoy watching his shows and he always delivers. He had the gov. of Kansas about his order to not do elective surgeries because the hospitals and staff are unable to cope with Covid patients and the death toll is rising while he the gov. is planing to sue President Biden for mandate to mask up. It was excellent as always.

He also had Supreme court judge Bryer on ans asked him several interesting questions.
I am amazed every time how he is still with Fox. He is an anomaly in a line up of entertainment parading as news.
I like FOX News, but when wallace comes on, I know why The Weather Channel was invented.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:48 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Right.

Wallace is sheep and he's one of Biden's biggest ass-kissers. He's gotten it wrong more than he gets it right.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post

What the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with Trump, but you lefties love bringing him up in any conversation so I'm not shocked. Both Tucker and Hannity ask plenty of questions. And they also give their guests plenty of time to speak without cutting them off.

Tucker Carlson was the only person who actually pressed Michael Avenatti about the Stormy Daniels case when everyone else was fawning over him. Avenatti was on the verge of melt down. Same with Tucker and Sidney Powell. Tucker also called out Governor Asa Chamberlain, when he clearly hadn't done the research of the effects of children transitioning earlier than 18, when he passed the law in his state that kids can get a sex change without a parent's consent.

Hannity calls out guests whenever they dance around the question, and he's not afraid to interrupt to correct anyone. He interrupts and corrects Bill O'Reilly all the time when he comes on his radio show. He's corrected Lindsay Graham, Kristi Noem, and many other politicans as well. Tucker has two additional shows where one is a one-on-one interview with a different guest each time, and he has a docuseries out. They both do extensive reporting. You just choose to ignore it because "orange man bad."

Old 09-14-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
What distinguishes Wallace from the Fox News Jokers is that he considers his audience as intelligent and informed. He voices the same questions his audience has. Whereas the Jokers know where their audience get their conspiracy theories from, and thus they need to cater at their level. They are there to entertain not inform.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:45 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
I just let Wallace get the pols to tell their story. Not spin their stories to suit the Trumpies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media