Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 06:34 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times

Advertisements

It's just like Pravda in the USSR. Now the best sources of news are those outside the country, or small right wing sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 06:37 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I will say -- the American audience is heavily biased and see and hear what they want from what the media is serving up.

AND.....heavily biased audiences search for media that feeds them what they want to hear.
The mainstream liberal news media is anti-white and pro-black.

It has nothing to do with the audience being heavily biased.

Old 09-24-2021, 07:04 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
It's just like Pravda in the USSR. Now the best sources of news are those outside the country, or small right wing sites.
Small right wing sites like the Gateway Pundit or the Red State News? Which news sources outside the country are better than the newspapers in every state.

Old 09-24-2021, 07:08 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Not just rightwing sites, there are several left leaning independent journalist who write the truth regardless of their political leanings. Some in fact who are quite angry with mainstream media with its lies and censorship.

Old 09-24-2021, 10:26 AM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I do agree that media is biased but I don't find that any of them outright lie. They are quick to push an agenda...and it is clear byt his survey Americans are able to identify that and weed through it to get the information.

I will say -- the American audience is heavily biased and see and hear what they want from what the media is serving up.

AND.....heavily biased audiences search for media that feeds them what they want to hear.
Seriously? Where have you been over the past 5+ years?
The leftist media lied about Trump and everyone around him constantly. From small matters like the type of shoes Melania wore to a flood zone or the MLK bust being removed to major matters like Russia, Russia, Russia, and everything in between.

The following link has a very long list, though it is a partial list since there were far too many lies to list, that you might want to look through to jog your memory of the lies that you and others on the left had been fed by your media.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/06/...finitive-list/

Old 09-24-2021, 10:41 AM

6,104 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When a president claims all the media is lying and an enemy it promotes distrust, that has a lot to do with the results. Newspapers and the media in general have made mistakes certainly things like Iraq but they have all served our democracy well for decades.
They used to serve us well. They no longer do. The change happened towards the end of Bush II’s presidency. It’s as if they all got together and decided to throw out fair reporting and replaced it with doing all they can to get Democrats elected.

They even took it further this past election. Instead of just ignoring the Hunter Biden laptop scandal, they falsely discredited it.

That’s what happens when one side thinks the other is an existential threat. There is nothing you wouldn’t do to win. Now, it’s 2021 and both sides consider the other an existential threat.

This isn’t going to end well.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:16 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,739,667 times
Liberal media's MO is to coordinate their headline for the day, propagandize whichever big lie they're harping on at the time, repeat it hypnotically with breathless drama until all submit to believing their deceptive lies. Then, harp on it more and double the drama, drag it out longer. When their lies are proven false eventually, ignore the proof that they lied.

I used to despise Fox news when W was president, but when I voted for Obama and needed the truth after being utterly disappointed in his actions, I started watching them.

Even local news stations and newspapers are a joke. I watch local news for the few and far between stories of fact in my area.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:26 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I’m shocked they were able to find 29% that TRUSTED the media.

Old 09-24-2021, 02:06 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m shocked they were able to find 29% that TRUSTED the media.
The 29% get the "news" from Facebook and Tic- Toc

Old 09-24-2021, 03:49 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When a president claims all the media is lying and an enemy it promotes distrust, that has a lot to do with the results. Newspapers and the media in general have made mistakes certainly things like Iraq but they have all served our democracy well for decades.
Snort! The media in the U.S. have buried the story of the U.S. Capitol bombing since 1971. Committed by the leftist Weather Underground, they would rather rail against “The January 6 Insurrection”, which newly-released video proves was an elderly crowd slowly milling about while waving flags and recording with their phones.

The only victim of January 6 is an increasingly ignorant populace, due to a propagandist media— and an unarmed woman who was shot in the face by a “heroic” Capitol Police officer. The stories of an officer bludgeoned by a fire extinguisher was patently false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media