Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 03:16 PM

80 posts, read 266,242 times

Advertisements

I'm glad to hear this. It makes me nervous to drive with some of the bike riders around here...some of them do some crazy stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 03:30 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,508,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
Perfect example for "Miserable". .
I give his statement a 10.0 for accuracy and your message a 1.5 for stupidity. There are Bikers all over the place in places like Colorado, but Colorado doesn't have Memphis drivers, who are texting with one hand, eating a chicken sandwich with the other and driving with their knees.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:43 PM

628 posts, read 1,679,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
I give his statement a 10.0 for accuracy and your message a 1.5 for stupidity.
Of course you do because you are a "Miserable" too. Reasonable people transcend your way of thinking and we are making progress. Other than that, it's your problem along with the other "Miserables". There is now a name for your grotesque minority subculture.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:50 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,508,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
Of course you do because you are a "Miserable" too. Reasonable people transcend your way of thinking and we are making progress. Other than that, it's your problem along with the other "Miserables". There is now a name for your grotesque minority subculture.
You'll be happy to know that I'm working on doing something about it. I'm hoping to move far away from this awful area this fall. I've lived here for decades, but the bloom is long off the rose.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 PM

15,967 posts, read 20,942,819 times
I think it could be a positive for the city, if they make a proper study and implement it in the right way.
Unfortunately I think Memphis has a history of doing things half assed. Maybe with a new mayor who's (hopefully) not in the habit of hiring his cronies as consultants it might be different now?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:57 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,348,263 times
^^^^^^^ Popcorn

Thanks for picking me up Cosmic. Johnny Boy, you just seem yo live in an unrealistic world

Old 07-17-2010, 06:31 PM

40 posts, read 118,795 times
Bike lanes are typically federally funded , I seriously doubt City dollars are being spent ... They have them all over inner loop Houston ... I would be very hesitant to ride them , Houston's are on busy streets , lots of drainage grates , lots of side streets ... takes one texting driver making a right turn and your toast

Old 07-17-2010, 06:48 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,348,263 times
Question Memphis Riverfront Regatta........

Oooops

Old 07-18-2010, 03:43 AM

1,028 posts, read 2,329,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post
The same can be said for the narcissistic, anorexic, mentally ill compulsive joggers, who insist on showcasing their exercise-ravaged bodies by jogging at dusk..in the rain, at someplace like Sycamore View and Summer, where drivers can barely see each other, let alone these phantoms.

One of my neighbors, who was a compulsive jogger, was run over at that very intersection. His jogging addiction was cured, but the remedy is not recommended.
What, is exercise a sin now? I'd much rather they apply their compulsive behavior in exercise than in other ways. Heck, if they want to do supermarathons more power to them. The more athleticism the better I say, as long as it doesn't involve steroids.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:44 AM

1,028 posts, read 2,329,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer ts View Post
Bike lanes are typically federally funded , I seriously doubt City dollars are being spent ... They have them all over inner loop Houston ... I would be very hesitant to ride them , Houston's are on busy streets , lots of drainage grates , lots of side streets ... takes one texting driver making a right turn and your toast
Can't be using fed dollars because they didn't include bike lanes in the fed application for stimulus money. I don't see what prevents a city or town from being able to apply their funds to such a purpose if they felt it necessary in light of such a vacuum of federal funding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis