U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 PM

201 posts, read 320,729 times
In fact, if many drivers WERE tested on driving skills alone, most, not all would FLUNK

Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 PM

630 posts, read 897,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisenheist View Post
In fact, if many drivers WERE tested on driving skills alone, most, not all would FLUNK
In fact? I see NO FACTS in this entire thread other than me posting that is, in fact, unsubstantiated garbage.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:59 PM

201 posts, read 320,729 times
Go interview or make a call to supervisors administering tests who work for Driving Schools...lol

You can start with Pitner....been in biz for a LONG time..

then talk to Maxwell School in Cordova

then call Drivers Educational Administration in Memphis

then Shelby County Driving School in Millington
better yet, perhaps contact The Tennessee Department of Safety
Cooperative Driver Training Program

come to your own conclusions

Old 09-20-2010, 06:54 PM

5,075 posts, read 6,216,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisenheist View Post
Probably too true, at the testing station on Summer Ave the driving test consists of a right hand turn to exit the lot, another right hand turn at the light a half block down the road, and yet one more right hand turn back into the lot. That's it, the entire test of your driving skills in Memphis. That is NOT a test, there is something seriously wrong with giving someone a license based on how well they manage to drive .3 mi. Bet it takes longer to adjust your mirror and put on your seat belt than it does to drive that distance.
The written test the state puts out isn't much better, as it primarily focuses on fines and jail time for DUI, instead of focusing on rules of the road.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:38 PM

28 posts, read 43,243 times
^ You would be surprised. I went up to the Millington station when I turned 16 a few years ago to get my license, and the two kids before both failed, and all it was was just going around the block once. No hard turns or anything, or merging, or whatever else that might be difficult at all.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
That's it, the entire test of your driving skills in Memphis. That is NOT a test, there is something seriously wrong with giving someone a license based on how well they manage to drive .3 mi.
As if it were that easy only in Memphis. It's like that a lot of places, probably most. Better driver education and tougher test? I'm all for it. Not just Memphis, but everywhere.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 AM

550 posts, read 171,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
As if it were that easy only in Memphis. It's like that a lot of places, probably most. Better driver education and tougher test? I'm all for it. Not just Memphis, but everywhere.
Typical delusional Memphian response. Keep putting down other cities. This is about Memphis, not other cities.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:16 AM

550 posts, read 171,983 times
I outmaneuvered and cut off many unskilled drivers already this morning. I even road the shoulder a little. I anticipate doing this some more this afternoon.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 AM

835 posts, read 1,179,405 times
The streets of Memphis are not a nascar track. Who do some of you guys think you are Tony Stewart or something? (LOL). I have never been driving and thought about how to out maneuver another driver.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
Typical delusional Memphian response. Keep putting down other cities. This is about Memphis, not other cities.
Your thread is about Memphis drivers being compared to other drivers. Did you lose track of what your misinformed thread was about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis