Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 AM

278 posts, read 989,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by litbus View Post
Sekisui - almost all of them are good. I don't think I've been to a horrible one, but the Bartlett one isn't that great.
Did you see the Commercial Appeal's deal of the day for either today or yesterday? It was $40 worth of Sekisui for $18. You buy it online. It might be worth taking a look if you there alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 03:35 PM

61 posts, read 241,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
What is your favorite restaurant where you eat most of the time?

And where is it?

If the restaurant isn't well known, describe the type of food they serve.

I really like Moe's. They serve big burritos and nachos.
There is a similar place to Moe's called "Blue Coast Burritos". I think it is also a chain. There is a store in "The Avenue" mall in Collierville.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Well I guess I angered one of this topic's posters so he deleted his stuff which made my responses go away. I was trying to make the point (perhaps too sarcastically) that a restaurant doesn't have to be the best in class for residents to go enjoy themselves. We all live here because of choice or necessity so perhaps I am not alone in getting weary of people who are so negative. Acknowledge the bad and celebrate the good I say! We have some famous (chain) steak houses in the area (too rich for my blood currently I'm afraid) such as Texas DE Brazil and Ruth's Chris. There is also the Peabody and many famous Rib places i.e "Interstate" made famous in "Down home with the Neelys". Whether famous means "outstanding" you'll have to be the judge. I like to go to the locally owned restaurants in my Town. They may not make the national magazines but they are enjoyable (and I can afford them).

Old 11-09-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBoundNYer View Post
Seafood? Did someone say seafood? Anyone know where I can get a nice giant steaming pot of mussels, with pommes frites and a good Belgian beer? I've been going through serious withdrawals since I've moved. Alas, I didn't see mussels on the Reef's menu.
Well there are a couple of "Joe's Crab Shack" restaurants in Memphis. Not sure if they have any Belgian beer though. Its a chain of course so don't expect anything too unusual.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 PM

7 posts, read 45,324 times
Thought of some more....

Sakura in Germantown has some great sushi.
Yume Sushiya used to but it's closed now...unfortunately.
Central BBQ is great
The Commissary in G'Town is also great.
I've heard good things about Cozy Corner but haven't made it there yet.
Owen Brennan's has some damn fine Cajun food. Their brunch is usually good too (at least it was this past Sunday).
Interstate is good too...it's owned by Jim Neely. Pat Neely owns Neely's. I haven't had Neely's in a good while but last time I did it was pretty decent.
I've heard good things about Green Bamboo but haven't been there yet.

Who has the best wings in Memphis? I don't mind Hooter's wings, but I'd prefer something better. I wasn't that huge of a fan of D'bos before I moved away but I'm willing to try them again since I moved back. I used to love Kelvin's but I think that closed. Any good places? Is Wing Stop any good?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Thought of some more....

Sakura in Germantown has some great sushi.
Yume Sushiya used to but it's closed now...unfortunately.
Central BBQ is great
The Commissary in G'Town is also great.
I've heard good things about Cozy Corner but haven't made it there yet.
Owen Brennan's has some damn fine Cajun food. Their brunch is usually good too (at least it was this past Sunday).
Interstate is good too...it's owned by Jim Neely. Pat Neely owns Neely's. I haven't had Neely's in a good while but last time I did it was pretty decent.
I've heard good things about Green Bamboo but haven't been there yet.

Who has the best wings in Memphis? I don't mind Hooter's wings, but I'd prefer something better. I wasn't that huge of a fan of D'bos before I moved away but I'm willing to try them again since I moved back. I used to love Kelvin's but I think that closed. Any good places? Is Wing Stop any good?
As far as wings you can't go wrong with Buffalo Wild Wings. There is one in East Memphis on Hacks Cross near Costco. Lots of different flavors - much better than Hooters (aside from the scenery I'm not a Hooters fan).

Old 11-09-2010, 07:44 PM

7 posts, read 45,324 times
I personally can't stand BWW. Their wings are small. I don't mind going there and having some while watching a game or something, but it's definitely not my favorite. The Wild sauce IS pretty good though.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:31 PM

278 posts, read 989,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
There is a similar place to Moe's called "Blue Coast Burritos". I think it is also a chain. There is a store in "The Avenue" mall in Collierville.
I think I've been there. Is there a location just West of the UofM campus across from the Tiger Bookstore?

Quote:
I personally can't stand BWW. Their wings are small. I don't mind going there and having some while watching a game or something, but it's definitely not my favorite. The Wild sauce IS pretty good though.
I use to go to BWW on Hacks Cross quite a bit, and for some reason, my stomach would feel uneasy for about an hour after I ate. I noticed it 2 or 3 times in a row and ordered something different each time trying to figure out what it was. I finally figured out that it was the sweet tea after watching them refill it twice... they just kept pouring it into the dispenser without washing it out (If you leave a tea pitcher out for a few days, it will start growing mold). I wasn't drinking tea that day, and my stomach felt fine. I quit eating there after I saw that.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:34 PM

70 posts, read 203,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
I think I've been there. Is there a location just West of the UofM campus across from the Tiger Bookstore?
Affirmative.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:50 PM

66 posts, read 144,888 times
Best Wings: I like Zaxby's.

Where does everyone go for Pizza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis