Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:57 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,950 times

Advertisements

i will put out these two ideas for you, and at least you will have the resource. if you get in to a real pinch, you might contact a former church you might have attended, a ymca, or a faternity. if any of these are available, resource them to see how they can connect you w/ an efficiency apt. if that fails or it is not to your liking, contact grace-st. luke's, episcopal midtown, st. mary's church, catherdral, downtown, or calvary episcopal downtown. these churches have some very wealthy people who live in the city, but many summer or spend 9 months in europe, vale, etc., and they work out deals w/ many graduate students. some deals are simply based on their being in the property and making sure things are always secure, some want you to do light yard work, some, especially older people in large estate houses simply want a house boy or companion in the house. some occasional driving, an errand here or there, etc. if you hope to be a lawyer, get in their and do your very best perry mason contract offer.

during my last post graduate schooling, i just had to live in the specialty lab and specialty lab, in order to do the required work. nevertheless, i worked out a sweetheart deal w/ a lady, whose husband was a former highly visible legal member for the mayor. she was devine. we never had one problem during my lengthy stay, and she treated me as if i were her child. when at home, my rights were completely respected, as were hers, but there were many a night that we sat in here den, enjoying a scotch and water, just talking, watching television, or having take out. perhaps, something like this would work well for you. down town and definitely midtown might be best to start pursuits. maybe harbor town first. the bluffs would be another good place to start, although cycling would be helpful for both the last two areas. midtown, of course, would require public transportation, but there are options for you that perhaps you had not really considered.

best of luck, and, btw, welcome to memphis, k.c.

Last edited by JMT; 06-07-2011 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: Removed advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM

6 posts, read 10,566 times
Thanks for all the information.. As of right now, the only downtown building that has ANY available units is called The Adler. I'm thinking about moving there for atleast 6 months time. It is half a mile from the Law School. Anyone ever heard of it??

Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,376,311 times
It's on South Main, sort of in between the core of downtown and the SOuth Main arts district. The area right there for a few blocks is a little barren looking, but should be safe. Plenty of people walking back and forth, for sure.

And if you search this forum, you'll find several posts about the building, although most look to be several years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis