Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM

7 posts, read 13,345 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how much the STATE pay for ssi is and how often? And ANYTHING you can tell me about Millington would be great! Im thinking about relocating there from Wisconsin with my 2yr old and ive never been to Tennessee. Am interested in starting a business in Memphis or surrounding area but want to live outside of town. So anything you can offer would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by misslassandra; 07-20-2011 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 AM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times
SSI is a federal program and the max is set by Congress. I think 674/person/month. If you are receiving SSI it would probably remain the same depending on your income.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,477,811 times
Do I understand this? The OP cant/wont work and wants to collect a check. Yet wants to open a business?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:59 AM

7 posts, read 13,345 times
No your not. Im opening a business, but my disabled mother is moving with me, and she recieves SSI. And if you re read the post, it doesnt state anywhere about wanting to recieve a check. But simply a question about SSI.

Last edited by misslassandra; 07-20-2011 at 12:07 PM..

Old 07-21-2011, 12:20 PM

49 posts, read 154,595 times
OP

I think that with Social Security or Social Security/Disability you would have to go on the proper web site for that and learn about the rules and regulations pertaining to moving out of state.

The web site for Social Security is very user friendly. I had to help my dad (who is not one for computers) do a change of (local) address online and it was really simple to do.

Remember, OP, if you move here with an ill family member you will have to make sure to find all new doctors and all. You might want to move near Saint Francis Hospital, Bartlett or Saint Francis Hospital, Memphis and just go on from there with things.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,849,745 times
federal programs like SSI/Disability, mediCARE ect shouldnt change no matter where you move in the states...they are federal programs with country wide jurisdiction. these programs pay once a month.

however state programs like medicAID, Snap/food stamps, energy assistance ect will change.

your best bet would be to give her social worker a call tell them your planning on moving and get nay paperwork you would need to change states for the state programs if shes on any......
wiht federal programs you simply have to fill out the change of adress stuff. she will need to be assigned a new social worker in the area you move to.

as for where to move? that i cant help you, im newly moving to tn myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis