Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM

628 posts, read 1,679,456 times

Advertisements

Whole Foods to expand East Memphis store
Memphis Business Journal

Quote:
Whole Foods Market Inc. is looking to expand its East Memphis location by taking over space currently occupied by Office Depot Inc. The two companies currently share a 68,792-square-foot building at 5014 Poplar near White Station Tower.
Whole Foods to expand East Memphis store - Memphis Business Journal
LEE SWETS | MBJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 05:02 PM

469 posts, read 965,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
Whole Foods to expand East Memphis store
Memphis Business Journal

Whole Foods to expand East Memphis store - Memphis Business Journal
LEE SWETS | MBJ
That will provide some improvement in this market. Hopefully they will widen those narrow isles now.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 AM

738 posts, read 2,566,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REPBOY View Post
That will provide some improvement in this market. Hopefully they will widen those narrow isles now.
That is GREAT news about the expansion.

If only we could widen those lanes on Poplar, I HATE driving that stretch of road by Whole Foods. But do it a lot, because it's the only grocery store worth shopping at anymore around here.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:10 PM

8 posts, read 16,376 times
Voting for Trader Joe's!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 06:33 AM
bjh

59,833 posts, read 30,217,627 times
I like Krogers with a trip to Whole Foods or Fresh Market every so often.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:12 PM

1,069 posts, read 739,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macro95 View Post
Voting for Trader Joe's!!!
Trader Joe's gets my vote too!

Old 12-07-2011, 03:06 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,337,599 times
kroger is fine w/ me, and i have had no trouble telling the manager that i want maille mustard (both whole grain and dijon) on the shelves, never run out of bon appetite seasoning, can't go wrong using it of a renegade piece of frozen fish---that is what i hate about this area. whole foods meets all of my needs. joe's and harris is a gamble for what you get. all in all, whole foods is better, imo. the other two have some brands in chicago, dc, boston, and some other cities that whole foods doesn't carry. i have never tried, but i might just ask them to carry the items, when they get all of their stock back up. publix is too much like kroger in branding, costing, and availability. i would just as soon go in one as the other. one valid argument that i think is pretty ridiculous is the fact that a county w/ about 1 million residents is forced to accept, what is essentially a monopoly, on goods and groceries. that really gets my goat, and i think a good number of folk feel the same.

one last bitchy thing, we've advocated for a decent grocery store in downtown and even for midtown. choices are an american way of life. leadership should get off of their bums, quit w/ the "i've tried" story, quit the story about a quality full size market for the poor, and pander every once in a while to those folk who go in to the market and purchase butchered meat cuts, per order, even purchase wine, round round if i want it, if you want to buy the hamburger in the roll w/ bone crushed in it and b grade or worse vegetables, then go where big lots, wal-mart, and jitney jungle or food world is located, otherwise, get us a good downtown supermarket---one that we want, not what a few investors want because of their greed. i hope this was not offensive, but it is time that we start using our fly, instead of wetting ourselves. demand it, and keep on until they hear it, if not, get rid of them through voting.

Last edited by kingchef; 12-07-2011 at 03:16 PM..

Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 AM

469 posts, read 965,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
kroger is fine w/ me, and i have had no trouble telling the manager that i want maille mustard (both whole grain and dijon) on the shelves, never run out of bon appetite seasoning, can't go wrong using it of a renegade piece of frozen fish---that is what i hate about this area. whole foods meets all of my needs. joe's and harris is a gamble for what you get. all in all, whole foods is better, imo. the other two have some brands in chicago, dc, boston, and some other cities that whole foods doesn't carry. i have never tried, but i might just ask them to carry the items, when they get all of their stock back up. publix is too much like kroger in branding, costing, and availability. i would just as soon go in one as the other. one valid argument that i think is pretty ridiculous is the fact that a county w/ about 1 million residents is forced to accept, what is essentially a monopoly, on goods and groceries. that really gets my goat, and i think a good number of folk feel the same.

one last bitchy thing, we've advocated for a decent grocery store in downtown and even for midtown. choices are an american way of life. leadership should get off of their bums, quit w/ the "i've tried" story, quit the story about a quality full size market for the poor, and pander every once in a while to those folk who go in to the market and purchase butchered meat cuts, per order, even purchase wine, round round if i want it, if you want to buy the hamburger in the roll w/ bone crushed in it and b grade or worse vegetables, then go where big lots, wal-mart, and jitney jungle or food world is located, otherwise, get us a good downtown supermarket---one that we want, not what a few investors want because of their greed. i hope this was not offensive, but it is time that we start using our fly, instead of wetting ourselves. demand it, and keep on until they hear it, if not, get rid of them through voting.
Absolutely!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis