Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 12:13 PM

24 posts, read 50,766 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a house church or individuals/families in Cordova (or surrounding areas) who would like to meet in a more intimate church/fellowship situation with a focus on "being" the church. The goal is to study God's word, focus on the Truths found there, and get to know one another on a deeper, more personal level than what the institutional church seems to provide. Looking for individuals interested in a participatory situation where all are studying and contributing, not just a "show" upfront where everyone sits back and watches, then goes home. Is there anyone out there tired of "playing church" who wants to "be" the church and be about "one anothering" like in the the New Testament? Tired of looking at the back of people's heads, then going home? I'm not trying to knock the institutional church, just desiring something more intimate and focused on God's word and truly discipling others. Looking for others who share Baptistic doctrine who love the King James Bible. Anyone know of such a group already existing out there?

Last edited by southronlady; 01-11-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM

738 posts, read 2,575,765 times
Most of the larger churches encourage this type of fellowship. Hope Church has a flourishing "home group" or "small group" community. Same with the Life Church. They both use KJV. The Life Church has an amazing outreach ministry, they prepare and serve meals to the homeless, sort and donate clothing when needed. What you're looking for is really not hard to find in Memphis, but starting at a church will help you find it much quicker.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 PM

Thanks so much for your response. Although the two groups you mentioned seem to be doing a lot for the Memphis community and the poor of Memphis, which should be commended, I don't believe either of these groups are Baptistic in doctrine or united in the use of the KJV. Hope, especially, accepts people into their membership from all beliefs and all walks, including those who believe in infant baptism or who do not have a clear understanding of the true Gospel. I have met some of them. They are wonderful people, but not what I'm looking for in the way of a church. The Bible is clear that members of a local church must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, then be baptized. An infant cannot "believe". Also, the Bible says believers must be of "one mind", "one faith", and "one baptism." There must be a unity of doctrine. I have found what I am looking for is hard to find in Memphis and probably hard to find in every city. Yet, I believe there must be small pockets of people meeting somewhere out there who are united in doctrine and faith, who are Baptistic in doctrine (believer's baptism amongst other sound doctirines), who are united in the use of the King James Bible (as other bibles have changed God's word especially in regard to Christ's deity and a multitude of bible versions create chaos, not united), and who are fellowshipping on a personal level. If any of you are out there, please send me a private email. Thanks again!

Last edited by southronlady; 01-15-2012 at 11:05 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 06:32 PM

738 posts, read 2,575,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southronlady View Post
Thanks so much for your response. Although the two groups you mentioned seem to be doing a lot for the Memphis community and the poor of Memphis, which should be commended, I don't believe either of these groups are Baptistic in doctrine or united in the use of the KJV. Hope, especially, accepts people into their membership from all beliefs and all walks, including those who believe in infant baptism or who do not have a clear understanding of the true Gospel. I have met some of them. They are wonderful people, but not what I'm looking for in the way of a church. The Bible is clear that members of a local church must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, then be baptized. An infant cannot "believe". Also, the Bible says believers must be of "one mind", "one faith", and "one baptism." There must be a unity of doctrine. I have found what I am looking for is hard to find in Memphis and probably hard to find in every city. Yet, I believe there must be small pockets of people meeting somewhere out there who are united in doctrine and faith, who are Baptistic in doctrine (believer's baptism amongst other sound doctirines), who are united in the use of the King James Bible (as other bibles have changed God's word especially in regard to Christ's deity and a multitude of bible versions create chaos, not united), and who are fellowshipping on a personal level. If any of you are out there, please send me a private email. Thanks again!
I feel bad for you that you're be so closed and specific, you might miss out on being a part of something wonderful.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 834 times
Hi, I am looking for the same thing. To bad I didn't asked this same question years ago. Are you still in Memphis?

Old 07-10-2015, 09:50 PM

Thumbs up Home Fellowship

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMorris View Post
Hi, I am looking for the same thing. To bad I didn't asked this same question years ago. Are you still in Memphis?
Hi! Glad to get your response after all this time. I see you private messaged me. I will respond there. Thank you!

Old 07-12-2015, 11:29 AM

159 posts, read 157,237 times
Why are some people desperate for others to believe what they do?

Interesting question, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: