Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 02:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,028 times

Advertisements

Hey People,

I'd be moving to Memphis in July and am on the lookout for a place. Preferably a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment. I've heard that midtown is the best in Memphis. What should my ideal budget be ? and any suggestions as far as good apartment complexes are concerned... I am a night person so I'd be coming back home late at night quiet often...

Thank you in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 03:41 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,051,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishk1985 View Post
Hey People,

I'd be moving to Memphis in July and am on the lookout for a place. Preferably a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment. I've heard that midtown is the best in Memphis. What should my ideal budget be ? and any suggestions as far as good apartment complexes are concerned... I am a night person so I'd be coming back home late at night quiet often...

Thank you in advance...
Yea Midtown is fun if that's what you are looking for. There are apts all over the place in Midtown. Check the Memphis Flyer. I live in Midtown so if you ned anything let me know.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:40 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,221,758 times
I am moving down in August and just pre-leased in Midtown. I really liked the feel of the area better than other areas. What type of person are you? From my observations, downtown is lively and urban, Midtown is funky/eclectic and sort of urbany-suburban, and East Memphis is heavily suburban but very high traffic/intense use sort of area. Then there's Cordova, Germantown and Collierville which are pretty close-in suburbs. All depends on where you're working, too, I guess...

Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 PM

170 posts, read 355,630 times
People talk about how great midtown is but I think downtown is sooo much better. At least check it out. Love the Main & Union area and there's a lot of apartments around here (that's where I live).

Old 06-26-2012, 01:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,028 times
Thanks for replying....so from what I can understand...mid town and down town seem to be the kind of places where I'd like to stay...
any specific areas in mid town or dwon town that are safer ?
And what should be my ideal budget for a studio?(or 1 bedroom apartment)

Old 06-26-2012, 04:32 PM

170 posts, read 355,630 times
I looked at studios and quickly realized I needed a 1 BR. You can get a nice place for $950 or under - don't forget to negotiate. I don't know the safety of midtown but downtown seems 100% safe to me. At least where I'm at. There are other parts of downtown that are less safe, however. Also, I'd imagine midtown is cheaper in general, but I think downtown is worth it-especially since I moved here alone.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,221,758 times
I was budgeting $800-$1000 for a two bedroom, but felt sort of priced out of the downtown market. (I think there were some that I could have afforded, but Midtown was just better for me overall.) My suggestion would be to follow the Craigslist and Memphis Flyer advertisements over a couple weeks, see sort of an average of the size/type of apartment you're looking for and can afford, and go from there!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM

410 posts, read 802,551 times
Midtown around Madison Ave would be good. There are some nice places on Union Ave as well. I'd certainly look into renting at Fielder's Square. They have some nice studio's and 1 bedrooms at decent prices. Definitely negotiate. you'll be downtown and next to Autozone Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis